PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

L94
10-04-15, 14:58
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any similar experiences to this :
I have just left a university seminar early because during it I felt so awful.
I really am struggling to describe it though so I'll try my best- I have been in an anxious state all day (my flatmate has been projectile vomiting all night and I am really scared of sick) and during my seminar I felt really really hot, dizzy and disorientated. My head just didn't feel 'right' (really wish I could properly explain!!!! ). My tummy was so tight and I thought I was going to be sick (kept thinking of my flatmate convincing myself that I have whatever she has) The more I kept thinking about it the worse I felt and in the end I got so hot and felt so sick and trapped I ran out. I sat and got some air and I feel much better and calmer now. But I am just tired of feeling like this
Has anyone got any similar experiences or advice? I would really appreciate it as I am so lonely and scared

Dan Wales
10-04-15, 19:22
I know what your feeling. I get the same feeling. I have a phobia about vomit.

Davit
10-04-15, 19:43
This is called associated memory. It is when you don't have an answer for a thought or feeling so you draw on semantic memory for something close. If all you have in semantic memory is worst case scenarios that is what you will use and you will get all the symptoms that go with it. Having a phobia is definitely in semantic memory but worse is that it is in Episodic memory so gets used first. Technical but true. Place something positive in memory to use instead for next time.