PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

DanDan
21-01-07, 00:34
Hi,

I've been lurking around this site for a month or two and finally plucked up courage to register.

My name is Danny, I'm 32, from England, and have had social anxiety, depression and panic attacks for many years, though they recently seem to be turning into agoraphobia (which is definitely NOT good!)

I'm trying to fight the "Big A" at present but it is truly a monstrous thing, and one that I am not accustomed to after never really having it before.

I'm not really that great at introductions but have found looking through this forum really interesting, what with all the generous, supportive information and stuff, it seems a great, welcoming environment.

Don't know what else to say, really...[:I]

...Danny :)

buttercup123
21-01-07, 01:30
Welcome Dan!! I am also very new to this site, only been here a week, but have had a great time talking to lots of people who know how you feel and have great advice on how to help, as well as lending an ear when you really need them, I have logged into chat in the middle of my panic attacks and it has calmed me down loads, knowing the people I am talking to know what to say to me!!

Have a great time meeting people just like you.

Jo x

*whenlifegivesyoulemonsmakelemonade*

Randy
21-01-07, 04:11
Hi, Dan.

I'm also new to this site, and really don't know what to say really, either.
So, I'll just say welcome and hope this site does both of us some good. It's really nice to have people to talk to and listen to. We all can help each other, I believe. Sometimes, all we need is a shoulder to cry on and an ear that will listen.

Happy to make your acquaintance!

Randy

wobily_lin
21-01-07, 05:40
elo Dan,

A huge welcome to the site......and well done for having the courage to post a lil about yeself..it's not easy I know..but ye have done great already..

Take ye time..we don't judge..we all understand..we are here to support each other so just relax a lil.

Great advice here and I know ye will make some great friends that will b there for you....and even hav a laugh lol

Glad ta have ye on board x

Take care,
Lin xxx

"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

manmoor
21-01-07, 12:05
Hi Danny,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

domino
21-01-07, 12:28
Hi danny, welcome to you, you will find just what you are looking for here,good advice, helpful and friendly people, good to have you here.

Piglet
21-01-07, 12:38
Welcome :D

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

nomorepanic
21-01-07, 13:11
Hi Danny

A warm welcome aboard to you and glad you decided to post.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

ceecee
21-01-07, 18:01
hi dan
welcome to the forum!
you,ll get lots of great advice here!
take care
rach x

darkangel
21-01-07, 18:06
hi danny

so glad to see you have posted this introduction. You will find lots of help and support from people who can empathise with you.

darkangel :)

........life is for living not just for surviving

Karen
21-01-07, 18:21
Hi Danny

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Social anxiety
FEAR OF MESSAGES (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6303)

I too suffer from depression and social phobia, among other problems, and I've found this site really helpful. I have come a long way with my social phobia with a combination of hypnotherapy and help from members here who gave up their time to make daily phone calls to me to help get me started.

Since joining this site I have been on a number of the meet ups, have made many new friends and have even met some of them. When I joined in 2004 I could hardly speak to anyone at all, so there is hope.

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

For a moment you were with me
For a moment you were mine
Then the darkness comes and takes you far away
Before I even said goodbye

DanDan
21-01-07, 21:43
Thanks for introducing yourselves and saying hi, and for all the useful info!

I don't really know what to say (again!), really, so thanks again.[:I]

:D

clickaway
21-01-07, 21:59
Welcome Aboard Dan!

I very much hope that we can make life more comfortable for you here. We are all here to help.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Lynnann
21-01-07, 23:30
Hi Danny,

Glad you decided to join, welcome to the forum, you will make some good friends here and recieve some great advice and support along the way

Lynnann

tommythomson
22-01-07, 18:14
Hi Danny

Welcome to nmp.

Take care

T