PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic beats/Pvcs....Aaahhhhhhhh!!!

willtheconk1998
10-04-15, 19:52
Last posted on here in 2009 and since then have had 6 years of constant worry and misery about my health. The tests go on as do the ER and cardiology visits and loads of other things and I find myself today pretty much where I was then.
Just saw my old post about purple grape juice helping pvcs, I forgot all about that and will try it again to see if it can help as the skipped beats are at an all time high after a chest infection. I am currently having between 3 and 6 per minute and have been like this fo almost a week solid. Cardiologist still not concerned as a full heart work up 14 months ago showed absolutely no signs of heart disease or disfunction.....So where do these awful things come from and what is the cause, I eat the right things, take no caffeine, don't drink much and yet here I am. I am convinced the infection is the culprit this time and it is driving me mad with worry. I read that people live with 30,000 of these a day...I am currently at about 7000. Just wondering if anyone has any success stories on dealing with these that they could share. My heart Dr wants me to try flecainide one as and when required to see if it helps, but after reading the Internet stories on the drug (qualified ones) I ain't sure at all as they scared the life out of me. Anyone help? Anxiety sucks!!

teez
14-04-15, 14:32
if its any comfort hun,,im in the same boat,,,i used to have the odd hop skip and jump here and there but for the past six weeks its going crazzzzzy,,some are continual for upto five minutes freaks the wotsits out of me ,,i do know the more the nasty things freak you the more adrenalin flows and so the circle begins,,try as i might im struggling to break the circle though,,,but at least so far im not going into a total panic,,but im sure it will happen as ive recovered from these bouts in the past and im sure you will too

AlexandriaUK
14-04-15, 17:27
How strange, I went Dr s this morning with same problem, haven't had them bad for years and bang they came back, one thing she did say was to not stop exercise and so been gym and had a good run on the treadmill and seems ok just hate them and cause me to panic, does anyone else feel a bit heady when they get them or is that just me

teez
14-04-15, 17:49
no i can get a muzzy feeling in my head too,,on the odd occasion ive had a pain shoot through my head

AlexandriaUK
14-04-15, 18:14
I think anxiety sucks but my Dr reckons most people get ectopic beats we just are more aware of them, also she smiled and said our bodies are not perfect, she's so right, just think I wouldn't mind one that's at least normal LOL