PDA

View Full Version : 1 in 10000

JMA
11-04-15, 09:44
Them's the odds of getting an infection in my shoulder, after having a contrast dye injection before my shoulder MRI yesterday.

...and of course I am worrying that I, like Neo, am the 1.

Same bloody thing happened when I had a cortisone injection in my shoulder last year.

Why is it, when we know the odds are in our favour, we always err towards the unlikely.

Trying to rationalise it, by saying I have a rash where the injection spot was as I had a needle the size of a javelin, as well as some dye, stuck in there yesterday. So there is bound to be some irritation, but not much joy so far.

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-15, 10:26
Take the red pill! :yesyes::D

Serenity1990
11-04-15, 11:57
If we go through life worrying about the unlikely we'll never enjoy it. Everything we do carries risks. If the risk of not having the MRI is greater than the risk associated with having it it's a no-brainier.

JMA
11-04-15, 12:42
If we go through life worrying about the unlikely we'll never enjoy it. Everything we do carries risks. If the risk of not having the MRI is greater than the risk associated with having it it's a no-brainier.

Very true, and that is the current logical hammer I am using to hit this annoying trait with. Sadly, despite knowing exactly what is going on, it's a tricky tanker to turn around.

Take the red pill! :yesyes::D

Have you seen the list of side-effects!?! :D

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-15, 12:53
Very true, and that is the current logical hammer I am using to hit this annoying trait with. Sadly, despite knowing exactly what is going on, it's a tricky tanker to turn around.

Have you seen the list of side-effects!?! :D

Yes, according to Drugs.com:

Headaches
nausea
weakness resulting in inability to bend simple object e.g. spoons
Intermittent poor acting
calling people "dude"
incorrect recollection of language resulting in substitutes such as "excellent" and "bogus"

JMA
11-04-15, 12:59
Yes, according to Drugs.com:

Headaches
nausea
weakness resulting in inability to bend simple object e.g. spoons
Intermittent poor acting
calling people "dude"
incorrect recollection of language resulting in substitutes such as "excellent" and "bogus"

Also, feelings of intense sadness.

http://i.imgur.com/hjj9Ays.jpg