PDA

View Full Version : My doctor retired and I feel lost

swajj
11-04-15, 13:22
He was the best doctor and had incredible patience with all my HA issues. Has this. Happened to anyone else? If so how did you go about finding another doctor? Do I just doctor shop? My HA is sky high because I know I can't go to him anymore and he has only been. Gone for 1 week.

lees6655
11-04-15, 19:00
Hi my doctor has gone on sabbatical leave this was over 6 months ago i needed to see him so rang up to see when he would be back and the receptionist said she doesn't even known if hes coming back. He was really good with my health anxiety, so i had to make an appointment with another doctor i was in and out within 2 minutes. I told him i suffered with health anxiety didn't even seam bothered, don't know what i'm going to do now as i don't feel well still and need to see another doctor. I hope you find a good doctor who will listen to you .

JustJoe25
11-04-15, 19:15
Unfortunately good doctors are hard to come by. It might take some shopping around but I'm sure there is a doctor out there for you :)

feelthelove
11-04-15, 19:49
My doctor retired and its the best thing that happened for me, i used get panic attacks whenever i needed to see him and he really didn't help me at all .
Now my new doctor is a lady and she is fantastic she understands me and really reassures me , the first time i went to see her after my doctor retired i burst into tears and she held my hand and was just so lovely .

I have two doctors who i see now and both are very patient and understanding my anxiety of going to the doctors is better these days .

James1983
11-04-15, 20:14
When mine retired I felt the same. I stayed with the same practice but I have periods of seeing the same one and then they move and I have to find someone else.

Toby2000
11-04-15, 21:26
It's very rare to come across such great doctors, but I'm sure that your new doctor will be almost as good, if not great. You should let him know about your HA and kinda apologize in advance if you annoy him/her. Not that you will annoy him/her, but sometimes people can get the wrong end of the stick with anxiety. He/she'll definitely understand.. it's a doctors job to understand. Don't worry about it :)

Toby

Davit
11-04-15, 21:33
My therapist is a lady and very good, and unbelievably knowledgeable. I've had very good luck with lady doctors and lady psychiatrists too. Among the male doctors it seems the younger they are the more willing they are to do research on my problems.

Good luck finding a new doctor. May you get a good one.

worrywart29
11-04-15, 22:50
My mother doctor of 35 years just retired she was distraught.

swajj
15-04-15, 09:14
Oh thank you people. I used to wonder if coming here made me worse but since reading all of your posts I know that the support you get here is unmatched. I read every one of your posts and each one made me feel understood. I'm giving the new doctor who took my old doctor's place a go. Been there 4 times already and said to her "just so you know I come a lot" to which she replied "that's what I'm here for". I'm now starting to think that she is going to be understanding of my HA. Once again thank you all. :)