PDA

View Full Version : Ache in lower bum/leg

Beckie4567
11-04-15, 22:48
I've had this ache in my lower bum and going down my leg for about 5 weeks went to docs last week and set itl be torn ligament but I don't remember doing anything to have torn it it just came on over night she sed 6 weeks ir will feel better but it dosnt at all.mim starting to worry something's wrong has anyone else's experienced this I can pin point the spor it aches and goes into my thigh aswell thanks x

feelthelove
11-04-15, 22:57
Really sounds like sciatica , i have had this many many times try these exercises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOb0qA_w3I

Beckie4567
11-04-15, 23:10
Isn't soactica a shooting pain tho mines more of an ache thankyou tho for excercises I will try this x

feelthelove
11-04-15, 23:18
What you described is exactly what i experienced and also to releive this i use a tennis ball , sounds stupid but a tennis ball will release any trapped nerves there too . You lie on the bed put the tennis ball under where the pain is and just gently move your bum over the tennis ball, i use the tennis ball for other areas where there is pain too .

For shoulder or back pain i put a tennis ball in a sock then lean against the wall and drop the tennis ball in the sock behind me and the massage it gives is amazing , works everytime for me .

Let me know if the exercises work on your bum on leg x

Davit
11-04-15, 23:34
Sounds like sciatica to me too.

Beckie4567
11-04-15, 23:45
Thanks guys I will try the tennis ball thing just worried it hasn't got any better how long does statica last x

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

How long did yours last for feelthe love x

feelthelove
11-04-15, 23:58
aciatica can last for ages and ages you need to keep doing the exercises when i do them i usually count to 30 and i do both legs even when its only one side that is painful .

Mine lasted for about a year to honest but that's because i never knew about the exercises but once i started them it started getting better x

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

also try putting a pillow in the bed and resting leg on it while you sleep it stops all the weight on your leg and back and it realigns your spine too x

wnsos
12-04-15, 02:38
Seconding feel the love, the tennis ball thing makes my muscles feel so good. Didn't reallise how knotted they were til I did that the first time. Could also be how you're lying/sitting that made it come on.

Emilym80
12-04-15, 03:08
If it's not sciatica it could just be pressure on the lumbar nerves/spine, which has a similar effect (I know from personal experience).

Try stretching your legs out gently on an elevated surface and go for walks every day. Do some hip stretches beforehand too (basically gyrating and thrusting, haha).

That cleared it up for me :)

Beckie4567
12-04-15, 07:40
Thanks guys I'm just concerned as it's been for so long now 5 weeks :( x

feelthelove
12-04-15, 08:38
Thanks guys I'm just concerned as it's been for so long now 5 weeks :( x

Muscular pain and trapped nerves can take months to clear up , when i had sciatica and also a trapped nerve in my neck it took 18 months to clear up so don't worry about the length of time .x

Beckie4567
13-04-15, 00:40
Ok I'll try not to lol but us health axiety sufferers :( do worry just wana feel better x

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Was it a constant achey feeling tho the only time I get relief of lying in bet it came on all of a sudden over night I just don't get it I don't remember pulling it or stringing anything :( x

---------- Post added 13-04-15 at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was 12-04-15 at 22:41 ----------

Anyone else please x

Davit
13-04-15, 04:36
The lower seven vertebrae in my spine are fused, I never get sciatica any more but can't tie my shoes any more either. LOL. The pain would be better.

Beckie4567
13-04-15, 07:40
I don't understand David ?

feelthelove
13-04-15, 17:13
Ok I'll try not to lol but us health axiety sufferers :( do worry just wana feel better x

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Was it a constant achey feeling tho the only time I get relief of lying in bet it came on all of a sudden over night I just don't get it I don't remember pulling it or stringing anything :( x

---------- Post added 13-04-15 at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was 12-04-15 at 22:41 ----------

Anyone else please x

Yes it came on suddenly

Fishmanpa
13-04-15, 17:27
I know this has been bothering you for a while but you went to the doctor who diagnosed it. He also said it could take up to 6 weeks to heal. It's only been a week since the visit. You've gotten some great advice on this thread and the previous thread (tennis ball, stretching etc.).

Bottom line, you have to allow it to heal. If it's still bothering you 5 weeks from now, revisit your doctor as he suggested.

Hope you feel better!

Positive thoughts

Davit
13-04-15, 17:27
Beckie4567

My back doesn't bend from T11 so I can't pinch my sciatic nerve anymore. I used to fall trees for a living. Constantly bent over and if I twisted at the same time I'd pinch my sciatic nerve and drop to my knees. I bend now at the hips and above T11. L5 is collapsed so the nerves coming out of it are under pressure. Standing more than ten minutes is almost impossible. Yet I still garden and can do anything that I can do sitting. You would think this would cause depression but it doesn't. CBT does work.

Beckie4567
13-04-15, 19:54
No fish pa they seaid it takes 6 weeks to heal and when I went to them I already had in nearly 4 weeks !!! So I've had it 5 weeks now

Fishmanpa
13-04-15, 21:00
No fish pa they seaid it takes 6 weeks to heal and when I went to them I already had in nearly 4 weeks !!! So I've had it 5 weeks now

Well then, I guess another visit to the doc as instructed is in order. No sense in speculating until you see him.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-04-15, 09:47
I went yesturday she sed take stronger painkillers and anti inflammatorys and if not I'll need physio I don't get why they arnt looking for some thing else more serious they don't seem bothered at all

Fishmanpa
14-04-15, 12:44
:whistles:
I went yesturday she sed take stronger painkillers and anti inflammatorys and if not I'll need physio I don't get why they arnt looking for some thing else more serious they don't seem bothered at all

They aren't looking for anything more because there is nothing more serious to look at. Back injuries and the pain associated from them can take months or more to heal. I can tell you that from personal experience. I would take the advice given (the tennis ball, stretching etc.), do what the doctor said and take it from there.

Good luck and positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-04-15, 16:00
thanks guys

Beckie4567
15-04-15, 10:03
Bump anyone else had this

Gary A
15-04-15, 10:22
i don't really understand why this is causing you such concern. Nerves and muscles are very susceptible to strains, even something as simple as sleeping in the same position for too long can cause trapped nerves etc. if it's not healing then the worst you'll need is a bit of physiotherapy. Stop trying to find problems that don't exist, there isn't any alarm being shown by the medics you've spoken to because this is not an alarming symptom, it's a nuisance symptom.

Beckie4567
15-04-15, 10:27
It's because I no something like cc or ic can cause lower back pain and leg pain and ive had a cc scar before but have a clear smear recently so was relieved but still sorry about that

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

And shoud u have it 6 weeks?

Gary A
15-04-15, 10:30
Pain that radiates from the back down a leg is almost certainly nerve related. You've been told by various people in this very thread that these issues can trouble people for months or even years. You are looking to attach something sinister to this symptom and you are only hurting yourself. Have you had a repeat visit to your doctor?

Beckie4567
15-04-15, 11:01
I went yesturday who gave me more painkillers and sed we will send u for physio if it dosnt resolved

Gary A
15-04-15, 11:21
Well there you go. Physio will help it. It is absolutely nothing to concern yourself with, it's annoying, but nothing more.

Beckie4567
15-04-15, 23:44
We will see :)

Beckie4567
16-04-15, 10:33
I'm just looking for people who have experienced same as me that's all

Beckie4567
16-04-15, 17:17
Still there been six weeks now :(

Gary A
16-04-15, 19:12
You haven't been for physio yet. If you're being referred for physio it means you need it to get rid of the discomfort. In other words, it won't go away on its own. Seriously, stop worrying about this.