PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma major panic attack

ballerina
12-04-15, 01:44
I've convinced myself I have lymphoma, I have a permanently swollen gland under my left arm, I get pain in the groin and my glands hurt after drinking a lot of alcohol, I'm so so scared!

Fishmanpa
12-04-15, 05:17
I've convinced myself I have lymphoma, I have a permanently swollen gland under my left arm, I get pain in the groin and my glands hurt after drinking a lot of alcohol, I'm so so scared!

It's unlikely as sinister as you think but perhaps avoiding alcohol will eliminate the negative side effects thus reducing your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

ballerina
12-04-15, 20:26
It's unlikely as sinister as you think but perhaps avoiding alcohol will eliminate the negative side effects thus reducing your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

I get the pain in the groin all the time, but the neck mainly when drinking
also have little lumps on my wrists and a rash
It can't just be an infection it's been like this since like 2013 (the armpit) and I'm always really fatigued even with caffeine and plenty of sleep, I'm scared :(

Fishmanpa
12-04-15, 20:56
:wall: is what it's like when one is speaking to someone in a HA spiral. It's like you didn't comprehend a word. I'm not trying to be harsh here but a node you perceive to be swollen for two years would not be cancer as you'd be very ill. Anxiety and your body being in a constant state of alert is fatiguing. Again, perhaps not drinking for a few months would help alleviate the symptoms as well as calm your anxiety.

Good luck to you and positive thoughts!

popejoan
13-04-15, 00:29
Sinister lumps tend to be painless, painful lymph nodes indicate infection. Are you shaving your legs? Or are there scratch marks on your legs? it's that easy for lymph nodes to swell up. I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin, I had an ultrasound and they were normal, just a bit bigger than normal size, it was explained by scratch marks on my legs and shaving.