PDA

View Full Version : this has scared me

dubbie
12-04-15, 03:19
Been having panic attacks now for 5 week am on fluexatine 40mg and just started on propanolol 40mg twice daily

venusbluejeans
12-04-15, 03:25
Hiya dubbie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
13-04-15, 02:18
No comments from people using it? I have one but you won't want it. SSRIs did not stop me from having panic attacks, Valium did But I can't recommend the benzo's unless absolutely needed.

CoraB
13-04-15, 20:32
Hey :-) I am on fluoxetine (currently 20mg but I think I will have to increase). I find it can take the edge of but it doesn't stop me having panic attacks either. Is there any pattern to when you have the attacks?

I have had a really bad week last week with them and even this week I still feel like jelly inside. Somebody recommended peppermint oil - just a few drops on a tissue - and smell when you take a breath naturally. I have never used before but I felt like it definitely staved off a couple of attacks for me.