PDA

View Full Version : im so worried i may have leukemia

iworryallthetime
12-04-15, 14:57
im 42 , always had low iron for many years due to slightly heavy periods , and i have ibs ....and massive HA ...
last year had various tests all ok apart from my iron, so took pills ,
this year as still so tired had tests again FBC and everything , liver , kidney , thyroid , diabeties , vit B12 the lot ,
resils came back , ok "within normal range " except my white blood count slightly low . 3.6 as apose to 4 which is normal , and still slightly low iron ...
iv been in a panic ever since ...
as i felt fluy few weeks ago , seem to pass but to return last week slight hot feeling ...not enough to take me to bed but enough to make me feel im not right ....also so tired all the time , and seen these red tiny dots on my skin scattered so small but like blood spots ..
i did the worse thing and googled .....and all my symptoms fit Leukemia ..

i went to doctors the other day as this heating feeling was on my back and asked was worried i asked her to re- look at my blood test results , she did and said she didnt think i had L , as did my doctor i saw 2 months ago ....yet i still cant seem to shift this fear ...
i am going in 2 weeks time for re test and see doc again for results ...so will find out about these spots ....

hate putting myself through this ...but im so worried ....
thanks for listening

iworryallthetime
12-04-15, 21:00
bump

Lemondrizzle
14-04-15, 00:16
Anxiety causes most of your symptoms!!! I had loaded of red spots on my eyes, I'm a,ways tied( anxiety and worrying can exhaust you) Your blood results are clear, you may just have low immunity, so try adding some leafy foods to your diet like spinach. Stop worrying xxx

iworryallthetime
14-04-15, 13:48
Thank you for replying to me Lemon , im trying to keep perspective ...but its so hard at times , i have my re tests next week then results next friday when i see my doctor ...im just counting the days like a sentence , the fluy symptom has eased a little so thats good ,
its still in the back of my mind though ....wont go till i hopefully get better results next week :unsure:
however the doctor i saw last week did ask if i was getting help for my health anxiety , i said iv been on the waiting list for 5 months for CBT ...
weather or not she did something , but i had a call yeterday and was offered a place tomorrow for CBT ....so who knows she may have said something seeing how freatful i was ...

so going to it tomorrow afternoon , hopeful it may help x

iworryallthetime
16-04-15, 18:00
bump ...anyone

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

im so scared today ...

Strovbe
17-04-15, 07:01
If you had Leukemia, your WBC would be extremely HIGH. Not low. And the doctors would know. You'd be very sickly.

iworryallthetime
17-04-15, 08:00
Thanks .. Woken with this fear again ... Waiting to have bloods done next week then wait 3 days for results like a sentence ... Hate this feeling ..