PDA

View Full Version : really scared!

kim!!
12-04-15, 21:06
Hi can anyone help iv got anxiety an depression but feel like im going to die in so scared that something bad is going to happen, i keep sweating all the time going hot iv got to the point were i don't want to be here i just want out of this nightmare

c_james_2k15
12-04-15, 22:05
Hey kim,

I use to suffer from really bad panic attacks to the point where i felt how your feeling its horrid just always remember that however horrible and frighting they may seem they wont kill you :) have you had anyform of cbt ? and do you get help from your gp xx

kim!!
12-04-15, 22:31
hi iv done abit of cbt just started it, gp is not very good iv been on sertraline for 16weeks now an there not working but my doc wont change them

c_james_2k15
12-04-15, 23:55
yeah gps are a bit rubish when it comes to mental health i have found how is the cbt going ?

kim!!
13-04-15, 13:51
iv only done a couple of sessions i hope it works on me because nothing else has

Deepthinker
13-04-15, 16:45
kim, cbt has helped me tremendously. hoping you feel better soon! blessings!

kim!!
13-04-15, 16:49
iv had enough i really cant cope im never going to get better i cant cope like this for ages

Deepthinker
13-04-15, 17:01
oh, kim, but you can cope and you will get better.:hugs: those feelings of being unable to cope are just the depression talking. give your doc a call. in the meantime, be proactive by reading something that will help you. claire weeks's books are really good and will make you feel better just by reading them. i have her book, [U]hope, help, and healing for your nerves[U], on my phone and kindle. it has helped so much. you may also want to watch some of her videos on you tube. remember that you are not alone. you are loved, your are precious, and your life has value.

kim!!
13-04-15, 17:10
i just feel hopeless iv got pains everywhere in my body in just feelin really low, i just want to be how i used to be :scared15:

Deepthinker
13-04-15, 17:23
i know exactly where you are coming from, kim. i never would have chosen anxiety/panic/depression and i have often wished i could just be like i used to be. life, however, is constantly changing. there are things i've learned through this journey that i wouldn't trade for anything. yes, things are different now and i'm different now, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. for example, i used to laugh about others struggles with anx, pan, and depression. i did not have much compassion for those who struggled in this area. well, can i tell you that has changed!?! i have been humbled in this area and i am now sensitive toward others who deal with mental health issues. remember, there is help out there and you will not always feel the way you do now. :hugs:

kim!!
13-04-15, 17:30
i really hope so, how long was u like it for? Iv never really heard of anxiety an depression before i had it! I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

Deepthinker
13-04-15, 17:38
i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, either!:) i have had anxiety and panic disorder off and on since 2005. the depression started about a year ago.

kim!!
13-04-15, 18:54
how do u cope with it because i cant :unsure:

Deepthinker
15-04-15, 02:17
hope you are feeling better today, kim!:hugs: i am on 20 mg of prozac/fluox and i have also been through counseling. these two things combined have brought so much relief. i learned so much through counseling. cbt has helped so much.

kim!!
15-04-15, 07:37
oh im glad to hear it has helped you! Iv got a cbt session today so hopefully it will help a little

Deepthinker
15-04-15, 15:58
good for you, kim! i would love to hear how it goes. :)

anx mum
15-04-15, 16:07
Hi kim just read your post and thought that's how I feel so I thought I would message u. For me at the moment everyday is a struggle I worry im gonna die and the thought of leaving my kids breaks my heart. Like u I have pains mainly in chest/shoulder arms which are really scaring me if u ever wanna chat im here.:hugs:

kim!!
15-04-15, 17:55
hi it went really well i like it, hi and mum its awful if u want u could pm me I think its good to talk to people who know wot your going through :)

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

anx mum :D