PDA

View Full Version : Liver hemangioma

Nat99
12-04-15, 21:40
Hello
In November I had an abdominal scan which I insisted on stupidly as anxiety was really high. Came bank with suggested hemangioma on my liver! Re scan in 6 months. Got appt and its on Wednesday so all the old thoughts are back, what if they got it wrong?! Scsn m Wednesday morning and getting more and more scared :(

JustJoe25
12-04-15, 22:02
As someone who has liver fears as well I looked this up as I haven't heard of it before. I know it's hard not to worry but from what I read liver hemangioma rarely ever develops into anything serious.

Nat99
12-04-15, 22:08
I suppose it's the thought it's not actually a hemangioma

JustJoe25
12-04-15, 22:12
I suppose it's the thought it's not actually a hemangioma

Understandable. Do you have any symtoms? If not I wouldn't worry yourself too much. If it was serious I assume you would have a lot of symtoms by now which doesn't seem to be the case since you didn't mention it.

Toronto girl
12-04-15, 22:28
Hemangioma so are really common. I forget the percentage of people who have them, but it is high. During am MRI I found out I have one and this was years ago. My husband also has one. They are no big deal and I bet that you have one also - nothing sinister.

Nat99
12-04-15, 23:12
Thank you. I will try not to worry when I have the re-scan on Wednesday x

LE
15-04-15, 01:46
Thinking of you for your scan tomorrow. Just wanted to say I too have a liver haemangioma that was found just like you with me insisting on a scan for gallstones. That was almost 5 years ago. I had it re-scanned 6 months later and was no change.

All will be well. Post back and let us know x