PDA

View Full Version : not able to get your breath

cveevers
21-01-07, 10:37
i can be doing the smallest thing and it makes me out of breath. I thought it may of been asthma but it isnt. we went for a walk last night with the dog and i enjoyed the fresh air but i kept breathing funny like i couldnt get my breath, like when i took a deep breath in to get my breathing back to normal i sometimes felt it was gonna be my last breath and that would be it then i would colapse or something. i know its anxiety but i didnt or dont know what i was scared of or make me feel panics going on a walk in the fresh air.

cveevers

bambamers
21-01-07, 11:34
i feel like this 90% of the time i ever walk anywhere.i have a baby and when i take her for a walk i feel i cant breath properly and that my chest wont let me get a proper breat in and out.its making me feel like i dont want to go out anymore.

fidelity
21-01-07, 14:29
I used to experience this all the time. It would always happen when something changed in or around me, which caused worry, and then panic. Before I knew what they were would I would go into full out panic attacks. But anyway! What I used to do for it is, Just reassure myself my throat wasnt going to close up, because after the 2nd time it didn't, I decided that if it hadn't before, It wouldn't now. I would also find other things to do to take my mind off of the problem and eventually it would go away.

Hexia
21-01-07, 17:40
I realise this may sound funny, but singing is a good way of relieving this. If you're walking the dog, just sing quietly to yourself, although singing really loudly is better.
Singing forces you to breathe right and after about a verse or two you will realise that it's tension and anxiety playing with you and nothing else.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

darkangel
21-01-07, 18:09
i also feel like this, the more i think about it the worse it gets
like hexia says, i sing to myself too - and find this keeps my mind distracted. ive been like this for 10 yrs and Im still breathing !!

luv dark x

........life is for living not just for surviving