PDA

View Full Version : My best present!

Crystalhiggs
13-04-15, 08:25
Hello, I just wanted/had to share! Today is my birthday - and last night I slept 6 hours straight! Whohoo best sleep in almost 8 weeks!

Just thought I'd spread a bit of joy! :))))))

MrAndy
13-04-15, 09:09
happy birthday Crystal,good news on the sleep its progress and long may it last

Crystalhiggs
13-04-15, 09:20
Thanks Andy, I'm so chuffed! I downloaded a sleep app which monitors how deeply you sleep and for how long. I knew I'd had a good night but seeing it on a little graph on my phone has made me feel so much better!

Have a good day back at work! :)

gregcool
13-04-15, 09:30
Happy birthday.and well done on the sleep.it makes you feel good just inowing you have slept..hope you have a nice day

Crystalhiggs
13-04-15, 09:44
Thank you greg!!! Hope you're ok :)

gregcool
13-04-15, 09:52
Im ok thanks..had my girl over this weekend.had a great time..

Crystalhiggs
13-04-15, 10:12
Is that girlfriend or daughter Greg? Glad you had fun!!! :)

Logan_Five
13-04-15, 13:05
Many happy returns. Crystal. My birthday this coming Saturday (I turn 42) :o :D

Moley
13-04-15, 13:24
Happy birthday

Magic
13-04-15, 14:03
Happy Birthday Crystal:flowers:

MrAndy
13-04-15, 14:07
Im ok thanks..had my girl over this weekend.had a great time..
thats brilliant news Greg ,so pleased for you :)
maybe the sunshine is turning over a new leaf for us all

gregcool
13-04-15, 14:34
Thanks andy.had a lovely time,shes still hear.she goes home at 4pm today.its not been all plain sailing tho.even tho i havnt seen her for 6 months,i thought all my anxiety and low mood would go when she was hear,but still its with me through the weekend..what the hell have i got to do to be free of it..realy bugging me..

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Shes my daughter.13 years old

MrAndy
13-04-15, 14:45
Thanks andy.had a lovely time,shes still hear.she goes home at 4pm today.its not been all plain sailing tho.even tho i havnt seen her for 6 months,i thought all my anxiety and low mood would go when she was hear,but still its with me through the weekend..what the hell have i got to do to be free of it..realy bugging me..

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Shes my daughter.13 years old
mate all i can say is saviour the good days ,the anxiety and depression will lift but it takes time.Look how bad I was two hospital admissions and I reckon im almost 90% better now.If I can do it so can you :)

gregcool
13-04-15, 14:51
You have done well mate.good for you..i wish i had some of your motorvation..bloody illness

Crystalhiggs
13-04-15, 15:55
Thanks all, greg as long as you're getting the good times too enjoy every minute of them! This will pass, everything does! Well done Andy sounds like you're doing great!!

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-15, 04:00
Happy birthday Crystal :birthday1::birthday:

Better than a book token, eh?

Hopefully this is the start of normalisation for you. Don't be disheartened if it reduces again because it is a bit stop/start at first and it will start rising more consistently.

Crystalhiggs
14-04-15, 08:09
Hi Terry you're so right - last night was awful!!! Had such a lovely day yesterday, was healthy, walked loads, went out for dinner and went to bed feeling really happy! But couldn't sleep! Not had any sleep at all!

I'm going to stay positive though, I will sleep tonight and I will conquer this!!!

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-15, 04:46
I'm currently trying to change mine (again!), Crystal. I was absolutely wasted Monday night so went to bed 7 hours early which is difficult for me because my OCD is the reason I haven't had enough sleep for about 10 months now. So, I was very tired and thought it was worth a try at changing my routine to remove some of the things that get in the way.

I got to sleep very quickly. I woke up every hour and had 13 hours in total and rose at the same time. I'm still pretty tired all day though. I guess it will take an adjustment period to recover due to it being for so long.

Crystalhiggs
15-04-15, 09:08
Wow 13 hours but if you woke every hour I guess that's not refreshing enough. However you got to sleep quickly and obv kept on going back to sleep so you know you can do it, as you say Prob another adjustment period needed but sounds very positive!

You know last night I just changed my attitude completely. I thought, ok, I've gone a day without sleep and I've been ok, actually had a nice chilled out day yesterday so it will be ok if I don't sleep. Totally relaxed, and slept for 7 hours. :)))

I'm not saying I can/will always be in that mindset but it's like I'd had enough of this obsession with how many hours sleep I get. So I switched off (somehow!) and you should've seen the smile on my face when I woke this morning after 7 hours of uninterrupted slumber!

Today I'm going to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and be grateful for all the wonderful things in my life! One day at a time :)

Have a good day Terry :)

MrAndy
17-04-15, 14:31
Wow 13 hours but if you woke every hour I guess that's not refreshing enough. However you got to sleep quickly and obv kept on going back to sleep so you know you can do it, as you say Prob another adjustment period needed but sounds very positive!

You know last night I just changed my attitude completely. I thought, ok, I've gone a day without sleep and I've been ok, actually had a nice chilled out day yesterday so it will be ok if I don't sleep. Totally relaxed, and slept for 7 hours. :)))

I'm not saying I can/will always be in that mindset but it's like I'd had enough of this obsession with how many hours sleep I get. So I switched off (somehow!) and you should've seen the smile on my face when I woke this morning after 7 hours of uninterrupted slumber!

Today I'm going to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and be grateful for all the wonderful things in my life! One day at a time :)

Have a good day Terry :)
and thats exactly how you do it,youve just conquered acceptance
see it works there is no magic cure,keep going your doing well :)

Crystalhiggs
17-04-15, 15:59
Thank you Andy, I'm up and down this week with my moods for some reason, was feeling quite down earlier but picking up a bit now. And the sleep has been getting better although had a blip last night.

But you have reminded me of that feeling I had when I wrote that, and now I feel better. Yes, acceptance is the key I think :)

Hope work was good this week :)

MrAndy
21-04-15, 15:12
your still going to have bad nights,recovery is a jagged line and will have its ups and downs.You need to focus on the good nights and try and forget about the bad nights

Crystalhiggs
21-04-15, 17:53
I'll try Andy. :)