PDA

View Full Version : Incompetent doctors

SJL
13-04-15, 10:00
I have finally been referred to see a cardiologist but what a task it was doing so.

I've seen 2 different doctors at the same practice who both seem to lack the knowledge of what palpitations actually are. They both told me it just means a fast heart rate, when I explained I get a thudding or fluttering sensation they told me this isn't a palpitation and is a different problem entirely. I then explained that exercise can bring them on and was told if my heart rate was irregular during exercise it would be irregular at rest as well. Which is absolutely nonsense considering at the start of the year when I experienced palpitations for 15 minutes after exercise before my heart reset itself to a normal rhythm on its own.

I feel sorry for anyone who uses doctors like this for heart problems if that's the kind of knowledge they have.

misslove
17-04-15, 04:59
From what I have learned uneven beats and fast heart rate are palpitations. I bet a cardiologist will set you up with a heart monitor and tell you that you are ok. My heart does the same thing. Will start pounding out of nowhere or with very little erercise sometimes or it will thud quickly like it skipped a beat. There is a good page on this website that you should check out. Might help set you at ease.