PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

lyndau63
13-04-15, 15:03
Hi,

I have been thinking about joining this site for sometime and have finally done it. I have visited on and off and am amazed and relieved to find that so many people are like me. You do tend to think you are a complete freak and completely nuts.

I am 63 and have suffered from health anxiety for over 30 years. It is not always unbearable, so take heart if you are new to this, but it has had a huge impact on my life. I have tried therapy, including CBT which works for a while. I am currently ion Citalopram and have been for several years. it helps a lot but I do have very bad panics from time to time.

I have a wonderful family and very supportive friends but you can't keep burdening them with it . My husband, though a wonderful man, does not get it at all

My main focus has always been breasts , finding lumps all the time, but I do get very hung up on gyny problems and occasionally bowels or liver or lumps in the neck or groin. I am currently quite anxious about a gyny problem, which I will explain later, and had miserable Easter as a result.

I hope I am not too much older than everyone else on here. I am a Grandma of four little ones and do spend a lot of time worrying that I will not live to see my Grandchildren grow up.

venusbluejeans
13-04-15, 15:08
Hiya lyndau63 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Shell217
13-04-15, 15:26
Hello

Like you I have thought about joining the site for a while and finally did so just a few days ago. So, welcome :)

I have already found some great information and had some positive messages from people. Such a relief to know that I am not alone.

I am 42 and suffered from anxiety and panic disorder since I was 16. It was all made a whole lot worse when my husband took his own life 4 years ago and I am finding it very difficult to adjust.

But enough about me....Don't worry about your age. I'm sure there are people of all ages on here, and, it is just a number after all.

If you ever want to send me a private message feel free.
xx

lyndau63
13-04-15, 15:36
Thank you for your reply. It has been a great relief to find others like me.
I am sure we will chat soon. I have my grandson here at the moment and he may wake at any time so I haven't posted my current anxiety. Good luck to you.:)

silver blaze
13-04-15, 15:40
I joined a few days a go and have suffered with anxiety since I was 11 and I'm 65 now, my hubby passed away 4 years ago, it doesn't get any easier he was my prop , I moved house 6 months to be nearer to my son and his family after living at my other home for 41 years and it not stopped
me from feeling so lonely

Shell217
13-04-15, 15:48
I know how you feel. My husband passed away four years ago too and he was my rock and my safe person. I feel lost and displaced in my own life.

Davit
13-04-15, 15:59
I'm older than you.

CoraB
13-04-15, 20:43
Hi there,

I am 29 but I have a lot of the same health anxieties. It's lovely to have older people on here with lots of experience. It gives me hope that it is possible to live with this and you obviously have got on with your life and have your children and grandchildren who love you. I feel the same about my family and friends, sometimes I feel like a stuck record - my husband often says I am always ill with something and it's true.

What sort of things help you to cope with your anxiety? I try to refrain from keep talking about it and not visit the doctor too much but it's difficult as I feel each of my symptoms is real and could be serious.

Glad you decided to join :-)