PDA

View Full Version : New after following you

Frida
14-04-15, 18:44
Hello,
Has been some time since I first following this site, and final,y have decided to join you.
It has been almost 2 years that I have been having anxiety and as all of us have been visiting A&E many times until my GP prescribe me with some treatment which have only followed for a few months thinking I could cope with it on my own.
For the last 2 months I have been taking Paroxetine' 10mg. First box was Seroxat 10mg, GlaxoSmithKline, was happy with these as was losing weight as was not feeling hungry and had very bad heartburn and stomach problems. Next month they did not had same brand and gave me Actavis Paroxetine and though stomach feels better I feel so hungry and cannot stop eating. I will ask for previous tablets when I next go to the quemist but wanted to know your experience with these 2 brands and if you have noticed weight gain when taking Actavis as with GlaxoSmithKline I was having weight loss. This is really bothering me and thinking in stop taking them but don't want to have those horrible anxiety feelings and running to hospital thinking I am having a heart attack. Any advise please . Thanks

venusbluejeans
14-04-15, 18:50
Hiya Frida and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
14-04-15, 19:51
Stay on the pills and do CBT till it works and then stop the pills. I can't do SSRIs but remembering how they affected me, I would never do them again. They are not for everyone.

little scientist
17-04-15, 09:14
Hi Frida, and welcome!

Chemists often can only supply based on what their wholesalers have in stock. Each paroxetine tablet, regardless of manufacturer, should have the same amount of active drug in them, but things like filler may vary, some people find they are sensitive to changes in the filler. During the early days of my anxiety, ten years ago, I found I was intolerant to a particular brand of fluoxetine and had to ask the chemists to not supply that brand because it gave me awful acidic gas that came up my wind pipe and through my nose.

Hope you get it sorted x

AnxietyDJ
17-04-15, 13:20
Hey... welcome to forum :welcome:

Hopefully getting involved on here will be really helpful :)

Fingers crossed you feel a little better very soon!