PDA

View Full Version : don't want to go back to the emergency room

worrywart29
14-04-15, 22:33
Out the blue I started getting squeezing in my sternum, burning in by left arm and minor jaw pain. I'm so scared it's a heart attack but don't want to go in for Nothing. I noticed that if I move a certain way I can kinda recreate the pain which makes me think it's not a heart attack I'm just so scared right now

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

I also had an ekg last month that was normal

dread
14-04-15, 22:39
Hi worrywart, welcome to NMP.

Firstly, I am not any kind of medical expert but the fact that you have been able to come online and make a post suggests that you are indeed, not having a heart attack. The fact that you can 'recreate the pain' suggests it's not consistent also which would strike me as being a PA.

Take some deep breaths, and try to distract yourself for 3 minutes, and the symptoms will hopefully subside, so please be reassured.

worrywart29
14-04-15, 22:50
I've never had a panic attack before even though I have high anxiety. You are 100% right I'm hoping its muscular pain. Thank you so much for your reply

dread
14-04-15, 22:52
Well you have definitely come to the right place- there are lots of guides and lots of support to help you here- this place was my 'church' when I first started having PA's! I hope you feel better soon x

Davit
14-04-15, 23:26
So did you read those symptoms on Dr Google. They are heart attack symptoms that I think you are pasting onto anxiety But I could be wrong.

worrywart29
15-04-15, 02:38
Davit

I knew the symptoms of a heart attack long before I had health anxiety I was a nursing Major in college. I'm sure my anxiety exasperated it but I did have these symptoms ill admit after thinking it was a heart attack it did get worse.