PDA

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia - What does it feel like?

Lilly13
15-04-15, 03:07
I have a hunch that I have fibromyalgia, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this feels like....

I have :

pain in all of my muscles, twitching, stiffness in knees, my pain hops around and usually feels like my muscle is tight or overexerted

I am scare of ALS, but I am hoping this other condition sounds like what I have,

PLEASE SHARE STORIES AND EXPERIENCES
:flowers:
Best,

Lilly

Davit
15-04-15, 04:46
Remember the sardine cans that had the key you rolled the pop off with. Maybe it wasn't sardines. Fibromyalgia feels like your skin is attacked to your bones and is tearing every time you move, and you can not touch it. It feels like it is being wound up on that key when you move. It is in patches. Fronts of the legs are common places. It really hurts if you have it bad. Mine went away and for that I thank God. Probably feels like a real bad wax hair removal.

ALS is not even close to it. ALS, your muscles quit working till finally you quit breathing. If I get ALS I hope people understand when I put a bullet in my head. Rheumatoid Arthritis is stereo. Both knees, both hands. Same fingers. Micoplasmic Arthritis moves around but looks like Rheumatoid. It is not an auto immune disease. Both my knees are artificial. Before I got them replaced I was gardening on crutches. Replaced in 2003, I was 53.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

That still sounds like low potassium. A simple blood test would rule it out.

Lilly13
15-04-15, 04:50
Hi Davit,

I had blood tests, but I am not sure if they tested for potassium, but I would assume so. I can ask the doctor. Everything hurts all of the time, it feels like I am CONSTANTLY pulling muscles everywhere. Like I have jammed my finger, jammed my knee, jammed my ankle...it is always somewhere different. The twitching is also persistent. I want to stop worrying but I just can't. I'm so upset.

Davit
15-04-15, 05:38
The twitching is probably anxiety in response to everything else. I just had my potassium checked again to see if diet can fix it before i need pills. Waiting on results. That saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. An apple has half the potassium of a banana. When they check potassium they usually check all the electrolytes. Bananas kept me from getting muscle cramps when I peddled my bike long distances.

JMA
15-04-15, 15:02
I am scare of ALS, but I am hoping this other condition sounds like what I have,

Read this: http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?topic=40164.0

Lilly13
15-04-15, 15:14
Hi JMA,

I know I do not have any advanced ALS, I worry that I am in the early stages...I worry that I can only use my muscles for now, before they give out. I guess the one thing that doesn't fit is the stiffness pain moves around my body, now it feels like its everywhere! That is why I am thinking Fibro... I just wanted some people with experience with fibro to tell me if it causes tight uncomfortable muscles and joint stiffness and twitching?
I also experience numbness all of the time in my legs and feet and hand

misslove
16-04-15, 04:17
Are you an active person? Sometime sitting still can make your body hurt. you sound very wound up. Try to take a day and just calm down. Take a break. I know it's hard but maybe if u shut your brain off the oain will go away