PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

ClarckMichel
15-04-15, 08:14
I want to know that using supplement to get rid from over weight is good solution.

andyagroner
25-05-15, 15:53
There is no "best" whey protein for muscle gain and/or fat loss. It's dependent on your entire diet. One could argue that the protein powder with the lowest amount of calories and highest protein content would be best as it would help achieve a caloric deficit easier.

Daniele_T
27-05-15, 06:25
Bulkpowders do a very pure whey isolate with practically no fat...and I mean it's like a trace amount.

But in response to the original question I would say no...using supplements to lose weight is not a good solution.
Exercise and changing your diet are the ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off.
There are no shortcuts in the long run.

Davit
27-05-15, 16:15
It really boils down to consumption since protein is converted to fat also. Fat is far easier to use for quick energy than have your liver make it off fat you carry. My breakfast is two eggs and a piece of buttered toast plus much as I hate them a banana because I'm low on potassium. If my morning is going to be easy I only have one egg.

Calories in verses calories used. And sugar and milk in your tea or coffee are calories too.

If you don't wake up hungry you are probably eating too much.

MyNameIsTerry
01-06-15, 05:24
I think if you want to know the answer to a question like this, you head for bodybuilding sites. You will find so many people who dispute each method though and science is always conflicting with the medical world.

There many supplements. Protein powder is a supplement, so is a vitamin C. So, its not that they are bad, but some contain stimulants and if you suffer from anxiety, these could be an issue for you.

Exercise is also key. You need to raise your metabolic rate but with anxiety, this can be tough as not everyone can tolerate High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) which is by fare the best for this. Cardio is generally a weaker way to burn calories as it only works whilst you are doing it unless you tax your muscles enough to cause micro tears which will promote muscle growth (hence recruiting more calories in the rebuilding process over about the next 48 hours). HIIT works by increasing your resting metabolic rate after you have finished working out, steady state cardio doesn't so its a question of weather you want to jog for hours for the same affect as minutes in HIIT? Weight training is also useful as it will need calories to rebuild muscles and any increase in muscle means an increase in daily calories burnt to sustain that new growth, even when resting.

Basically, everyone will be guessing unless you can more clearly state your goals. But this place won't be right for understanding how to achieve it as you won't get many hits.