PDA

View Full Version : New to Movicol- Please help

Nattthh
15-04-15, 13:09
Hi, so a few weeks ago I was poorly and had the runs. It only lasted a couple of hours and then I had to take diarrhoea relief to stop it which it did. However, since then I have not been able to go to the toilet and that was two weeks ago today. I tried different things such as prunes and prune juice and weetabix and oranges. Nothing worked. I took laxatives but I still felt constipated. So I went to the doctors on monday and he gave me Movicol. I took three on the first day but nothing happened by the second day so I took 7 yesterday because I thought I want to just start on a high dose because it's making me ill and was desperate to just get it out of me. So last night I finally started to go, it was all just runny poop. And today it has slowed down but whenever I go it's all runny. So should I continue on 7 for a few days and then go down.. or have I just completely taken too much and should go back to three? Even though i'm having this runny poo I still feel constipated like there is still hard poo that needs to come out. I feel the urge to push but i'm straining and nothing is happening. I'm just confused I don't know what the best thing to do is. Any help would be appreciated- Thank you x