PDA

View Full Version : Decreased ejaculation

david18
15-04-15, 14:47
Hi all, I've had a slight problem for the last few weeks that has been bothering me. Basically, when I masturbate, I have no problem achieving an erection or reaching climax, but when I do ejaculate it seems as though less is coming out than usual.

3 weeks ago I received unprotected oral sex from a girl on a one night stand, and then had protected vaginal intercourse. A few days later I started googling STD symptoms even though I didn't feel any. However, as soon as I read about the symptoms of HIV/chlamydia/gonorrhea etc I started to feel them in my own body and instantly thought I was dying. I was convinced I was dying and stopped eating and barely drank water for a week.

After seeing a few doctors and having chlamydia/gonorrhea tests (which both came back negative) I started feeling better and have since started eating, drinking and functioning as usual, and I have gotten over the paranoia of having HIV as I realise I was at an incredibly low risk of catching it. I have been referred to a therapist as all of the doctors I saw told me I have classic symptoms of health anxiety, and I've always had social anxiety so I am glad I can finally get to the root of the problem and fix myself.

I was just wondering if anyone can provide any insight into why I may be ejaculating less. I have looked up prostatitis/UTIs etc and I have no other symptoms. I am a relatively healthy 21 year old male, I do smoke every now and then although during the last few weeks I have been smoking a lot more than usual (around 10 a day).

Thank you all for providing me with a platform to voice my worries, this forum has really helped me overcome many of the anxieties I've been dealing with.

JMA
15-04-15, 15:24
Could be all manner of things. Frequency of ejaculating, how long you are 'priming the pump' as it were, diet etc.

As long as you do it with no pain, blood or odd sound effects, then you're fine.

It's just the HA kicking in.

david18
15-04-15, 16:31
Thanks for your reply, JMA. I think it is the HA also, although I'm quite a paranoid person I find it hard to believe myself and stay positive sometimes.

The main reason I was scared at first was because when I was going through the initial shock of possibly having an STD I didn't masturbate for over a week. Normally when I don't masturbate for a few days or more, the next time I masturbate I ejaculate a massive amount. However when I masturbated after that week I didn't ejaculate much more than usual.

But now that I'm masturbating every two days it seems as though the quantity is gradually increasing again, which I put down to my body relaxing more and more each day, although I'm still not 100% convinced (which is probably due to HA).

Also, my diet is generally good but in order to regain my appetite I ate more fast food than usual (McDonald's 3 times in the last week, 3 pub meals in the last week and pizza), which I think may play a small part in it. I'm now starting to eat more fruit/veg/healthy foods which will hopefully help

Oosh
15-04-15, 22:45
Make sure you are well hydrated ?

MyNameIsTerry
16-04-15, 04:37
Contamination OCD is also a possibility.

Usually, as I understand it, the difference between HA and OCD is that HA is about already having it and fearing the outcome as opposed to OCD which is more the fear of catching it.

HA is also a diagnosis that is made by a process of elimination dependant upon which of the 2 diagnostic manuals are being used. If GAD or OCD are already present in one of them, if I recall rightly, it is not diagnosed as a new condition. One of the manuals also has OCD & BDD together which matches to how some of the UK based OCD charities work and I know one of the manuals is being phased out anyway in favour of the WHO version.

Interms of the ejaculation issue, I would say that is an issue firmly for a GP. It could be due to anxiety, it could be something else but I don't think anyone would really know.