PDA

View Full Version : introducing my self

helenah
15-04-15, 14:53
Hi there Im Helena and live in Glasgow south side, been thinking of joining for a while and today I done it. Lots of things going on in my life suffered from depression and anxiety for a long time. Things have got really bad the last 18 months Im trying to support my daughter who is 15 who has many issues, and has recently been diagnosed with an eating disorder. So feel most days im putting on a front just to see her through. Due to the problems she is experiencing I have let many friendships slips, she needs so much support right now. Hoping there's someone out there that has been in similar position that i can talk to,

venusbluejeans
15-04-15, 14:59
Hiya helenah and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sam123
15-04-15, 18:20
Hi Helena, i'm new here too. I've suffered from depression in the past and suffered from anxiety for about 8 years now so i can relate to some of what you have been going through.
Sorry to hear about your daughter, it sounds like you're having a difficult time and no doubt a great deal of worry which of course would make anyone's anxiety levels rise. Do you have family/friends around you or someone you could possibly turn to to talk? Joining here was a good idea as personally i find it really helps to speak to people who are experiencing similar things to you, you're not alone in how you feel :hugs: