PDA

View Full Version : panic panic panic!!

drivememad
15-04-15, 15:31
Just had the most horrible panic attack ...been brewing all day but I squashed it away..till about 1hr ago it burst through. I took some lorazepam but it did not help, phoned a panic phone line and they helped me by breathing and talking,and think the lorazepam is helping now, I am waiting for councelling.

Its so horrible I know you all go through it too but I do not think I can do that again...so powerful, I am trying so hard to get better, I look after everyone and I want someone to look after me theres no one ...I never cry or get angry its so hard to express things maybe that's my problem? I feel bad I should of not taken the lorazepam how can I learn to deal with this.

thanks for any replys I may have just need a bit of sympathy and hug x

AnxietyDJ
16-04-15, 09:31
Sorry to hear about the panic attack you had - I know from many experiences how awful that can be.

You are definitely doing the right things by talking about and facing up to the issues - they are the first and often hardest steps to take. Also, if some lorazepam helps, then there is nothing wrong with taking it... Everyone needs a little help sometimes and if that does the trick, then so be it. Are you aiming for any counselling / CBT etc in the future? In my opinion, that is the most beneficial course of action for longer term recovery.

Take care of yourself and I hope you start to feel a little better very soon :)