PDA

View Full Version : So scared :-(

BumbleGirl
15-04-15, 20:26
So I made a post a few days ago about my head pains and my anxiety did go down but now I'm freaking out again :-(

For many years now I will get a head ache (once a month or less) which is like a pounding sensation and stabbing pain on the right side of my head. The pain is strange. It's like an irritable stabbing. It starts off quite slight but gets worse and worse as the day goes on.
I normally take paracetamol and drink loads of water and go to sleep and it normally goes away with a few hours nap but sometimes I need a whole nights sleep to get rid of it.
Also if I sit or lay down and relax and keep still it goes away until I get up again. I also feel sick with it sometimes.

I also get stabbing pains on the right side of my head sometimes. This will go on for a few days on and off and then disappear.

I did go to the drs last week and he said he thought the headache that I get once a month or less was a migraine which I thought it was but now I think about it I didn't tell him it was only on the right side and I didn't tell him the stabbing pains I get are only on the right side too.

I'm absolutely convinced I have something wrong with the cells or veins in my brain which could cause an aneurysm. I'm going back to the drs tomorrow but I'm so terrified because I can just see the scenario in my head that the dr will refer me for an mri and they will find something wrong that could cause an aneurysm.
There's no explanation for why my head pain is only on the right side :-(

Sam123
15-04-15, 20:36
Hey i know exactly what you're going through! I suffered with migraines for 4 years and was always convinced i had a brain tumor or something deadly. Whenever i get a headache now(which is not that often) i still freak out.

So i don't know how to stop you worrying about something like that as i need help with that myself, but i can tell you that i suffered with migraines, tried all sorts to help it, had tests done as i was convinced it was something more sinister...

I've not had a migraine now for just over 16months(i've been counting)

I did some research and decided to cut out Aspartame from my diet, aspartame is a sweetener generally found in most drinks, sugar free items. I was quite shocked at how many drinks its actually in! Anyway i cut this out completely and only drank pure drinks and water, cut out foods with MSG in which can be found in a lot too and just generally ate healthier, i do believe that they were the triggers for my headaches along with obvious stress and worry!

It may not be the same for you but worth a shot i suppose, hope you feel more at ease soon, a good neck massage also works for me

p.s my headaches were only on the left side of my head 99% of the time x

BumbleGirl
15-04-15, 20:48
Thank you for replying.

I do have quite a bit of aspartame probably because I drink a lot of pepsi max so that could be a trigger. I have heard it's very bad for you.

When you got your migraines did you feel really panicky? When I get them I know I need to go to sleep but I get really scared I won't wake up xx

Gary A
15-04-15, 20:51
It's actually very characteristic of migraines to be on one side of the head only, they rarely involve your whole head. Your pains are almost certainly migraine related based on your description. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to think an aneurism is the cause.

BumbleGirl
15-04-15, 20:58
Thank you. It's not easy to think like that though. I'm so convinced there is something wrong. I want to go to the drs tomorrow but at the same time I don't because I worry they will make me worry further xx

Sam123
15-04-15, 20:58
Hi, yes i would honestly try cutting that out and see how you go after a week or so,

I used to go into the bedroom have the lights off and press my head on a pillow, i couldnt possibly sleep with the pain and would cry alot which made it worse. I was so scared i was going to collapse ect which i think made them last a lot longer than if i would have stayed calm, completely know how you feel migraines are scary i hope you with time you can find your trigger and be migraine free! :hugs:

BumbleGirl
15-04-15, 21:20
I really can't get it out of my head that it's worse then a migraine though xx