PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results "Help please"

Elayne
16-04-15, 13:18
Hi I'm a newby here and was wondering if someone can help me with some advice. Ive been poorly for about 6 weeks. It all started by severe fatigue and muscle pains and my legs felt so heavy and shortness of breath. A few weeks after i had severe fatigue and muscle pains etc with a fever for 5 days. The GP gave me antibiotics to take as he thought i may have some kind of infection. I had a blood test and it came back showing low white blood cell count. A week later i was still poorly and had further blood tests. These came back low white blood cell count, low hematocrit and Serum alt level high. Its now week 6 and i still feel extremely tired, headaches and aches and pains. Im freezing through the day but at night i cant sleep as i keep burning up My glands in my neck are swollen and quite painful, my tongue is white and sore. My eyeids are white. The Doctor would like to see me but the next available appointment is in a weeks time and he says its not classed as urgent. I would be most grateful if someone could enlighten me with any ideas what i may be suffering. I feel so low! Thanks! x

Annie0904
16-04-15, 18:35
Unfortunately Elayne none of us here are doctors and it is only your GP who can give you a diagnosis. If your doctor thinks it isn't urgent then I wouldn't worry too much. It could just be a viral infection that is taking a long time to go. Low white blood cells is common with any infection. I hope you start to feel better soon. Maybe a vitamin supplement such as Berocca would help....speak to your pharmacist about it.