PDA

View Full Version : Over medicated?

Lizzier361
16-04-15, 13:28
Hello everyone,

I'm new. Year 7 of GAD - chronic, debilitating, not able to cope with the simplest of tasks when it flairs up to max power. Currently in 4th 'crisis' as the GP's label it.

So i've been on citalopram (which worked for years then stopped), pronanonol - made me hallucinate, Setraline, setraline & sleeping tablet combo, setraline max strength and diazepam combo, setraline, diazepam and pregablin. The all tablets were stopped and I started venlaflaxine - I thought it was a miracle cure but it must have caught me at a time when I was on a natural up.

At the moment I have done from 75m of venlaflaxine to 150mg + pregablin 100mg twice per day + Quetiapine ?35mg at night.

Basically my question is, how will I ever know what it going on with me when I am pumped full of these meds, all of which have anxiety and low mood as a side affect. The NHS is awful, I wait ages to see anyone and always have to see different people. It is a month before I will get to see anyone again and I just cannot cope. It is right that one person can perscribe such a huge mix of strong drugs?

I decided yesterday that I was going to stop them all but im even too scared to do that.

At the moment I have about a hour a day where I can function well enough to type something like this.

Other than that I am asleep or in a total state. I need to get back to work as I dont have a job that it is easy to take time out from.

Does anyone else worry about being over medicated?

Thank you

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-15, 04:29
Please don't be tempted to stop them cold turkey because they are known to cause side effects in withdrawal so they should always be slowly phased out under supervision of your GP.

Perhaps it would be an idea to talk to some of the people on the Medication board who take the same meds to see how you fair against them? There is a very supportive crowd on the Ven and Preg boards that I've discussed issues with so I'm sure they will be able to give you an idea of how they feel.

I do know what you mean though, I suffer a lot of fatigue and I have short periods where I feel more myself and the rest of the time at the moment I feel like I am fighting off the urge to sleep. Its not pleasant and I find becomes an anxiety symptom of its own.

The NHS can be bad. Some people on here have got good GP's but I'm afraid mine is very average. There are guidelines that they should be following on the NICE website so make yourself aware of your rights because there are often cases where things don't run to plan.