PDA

View Full Version : In a mess here - sweating

silver_shoes
17-04-15, 12:26
Hi there, I have only just registered and very soon I will post a longer post about myself as I am having a terrible time with anxiety around my health (though thankfully next week I start counselling :) ) but I am having an immediate issue I wanted to post about.

For the past three days, I have had VERY sweaty hands and feet. It started on Tuesday morning. The sweating alternates between cold and hot. My hands especially keep going extremely cold, then back to warm again. On Tues and Weds I was having all-over body chills/rigors - it wasn't a panic attack as I don't suffer from them - it was the sort of chills you get when you have got flu. Except I don't have any cold/cough symptoms at all. I took my temperature at home and it was normal. I spoke to the out of hours GP on Wednesday night and she advised me to see my own GP that following morning to get checked over. So I went along to the GP yesterday. He did the following things: Blood pressure, temperature, listened to my chest, blood sugar, urine test to check for any infection - all came back normal. He diagnosed a viral illness and assured me I would recover on my own.

Yesterday, I thought I was getting better. The shaking/rigors have mostly gone away, and yesterday the sweating was easing off too but today it is back with a vengeance. I am not even doing anything to get sweaty! I'm just sitting here. It is really scaring me. The last time I suffered with anything like this at all was when I had full-blown flu a few months ago, but this is different as I don't have any cold/chest/cough symptoms. I feel a little more tired/weak than usual and have been intermittently light-headed with this too.

I had a load of blood tests done earlier this year for something unrelated, and they were all normal. I am terrified that I have got a sudden onset of lymphoma/leukaemia or that my thyroid has suddenly stopped working.

Please help!! :wacko::wacko: thank you x

silver_shoes
17-04-15, 20:54
*bump* anyone?? :( had another bout of the chills/shakes earlier tonight and I've also been really tired tonight. Terrified it's lymphoma.

Gary A
17-04-15, 21:19
this sounds like the classic physical symptoms of anxiety to me. Lymphoma would cause night sweats more than anything, and it would involve your entire body, not just your extremities. Sweating of the feet and hands are anxiety related. Just a question, but how do you know you're not suffering from panic attacks? They manifest themselves in many ways, and most people would never know they were suffering panic attacks until they were diagnosed by a doctor. A panic attack consists of at least 4 of the following symptoms;

Heart palpitations
Rapid heartbeat
Chest pain
Hyperventilation
Dizziness
Nausea
Sweating
Trembling
Paraestheis (pins and needles)
Choking sensations
Hot and cold chills
Derealisation

Sound familiar?

Help1989
18-04-15, 19:51
I was exactly the same this time last year! I had a mystery virus (that's all they could say) but for weeks, as my anxiety got worse, I was sweating all the time. My hands and feet especially would be sweaty all day and night. I lost my appetite and felt like a ball of nervous energy constantly. The thing with anxiety is that the more you worry, the more symptoms you get, the more you worry.