PDA

View Full Version : Bone Tumor?

Fairy21
17-04-15, 16:03
Hello,

a few month ago i noticed that one of my top ribs ( i think it is the 3rd ) is way larger than the one on the right side. It protrudes and is a lot wider ( 3,5 -4cm.... i mean what normal rib is that wide ?! ). I most likely will get a xray done on monday but i am so afraid. Does anybody has something similar? I am not sure how long i have it and neither if it grew in the last few month. I am so afraid that it might be bone cancer :sad:
i am not allowed to post a link but it is visible on photos....especially if i dont wear a bra. The lump follows the form of the rib it just feels as if the rib is swollen but there is no pain and it is really hard like bone.

Thanks,
Fairy21

Gary A
17-04-15, 16:51
A bone tumour would feel like a solid lump, it wouldn't be a protruding bone. To be perfectly honest, having done a quick check on my own chest area I feel my my ribs on the right of my body protrude more than they do on the left. It's worth speaking to a doctor if you're concerned, but it doesn't sound anything like bone cancer.

Fairy21
17-04-15, 17:10
Thanks for your answer,

it's not really the fact that the rib protrudes that worrys me ( even though it is the only rib on the left side that protrudes so much ) but the fact that it is so much wider than the other ribs?
I talked to my GP already and she said a xray should be done... which did not ease my mind at all.