PDA

View Full Version : Thinking I have MS/ Ataxia / Something nervous related. Help? :(

Brandingtime
17-04-15, 16:24
First of all, my name is Shawna. :) And here is my story:
My father and grandfather and cousins in my lineage had a disease called SCA-2 (Spinocerebellar ataxia). This disease causes problems with balance, speech, memory, loss of fine motor skills and much more. Both of them (my father and grandfather) passed away with this and I have a 50/50 chance of getting it. I have a massive fear of getting it, and because o have been thinking about it, I have been analyzing every movement my body makes. I shake when I wake up in the morning... It is the worse then. I have weird swaying in my balance. My muscles twitch when I move.. More of a quivering. My doctor said she thinks I have a benign essential tremor. I think it is more than that. Does anyone have stiffness, morning tremors and shaking? I am absolutely terrified of this! Help? :)

Annie0904
18-04-15, 07:45
Hi Sorry to hear about your father and grandfather. I get dizziness and shaking first thing on a morning and usually feel better after something to eat. I would trust your doctors judgement on this.I can understand your worries with your family history but you must try not to let it get in the way of you enjoying your life as there is just as much chance of you NOT getting it.