PDA

View Full Version : Hep C/ HIV from a Razor at the Barber

Konstant
17-04-15, 18:17
I almost can't get a haircut anymore. It's becoming such an issue. The straight razor they use really bugs me out. One time, I was getting a haircut, the barber didn't change the razor. Before I knew it, he was done, and put his blade back into his pocket.

Today, I got another haircut, and a friend walked in and said hello. The barber spun the chair around and allowed me to talk to my friend. When that was all said and done, I was spun back around and the straight razor was to my face.

I thought i heard a "click" , a sound that it usually makes when you change a blade, but I just don't know.

Sometimes I forget to speak up. Sometimes my anxiety doesn't allow me to speak up.

I'm so worried that I have now contracted something from this razor.

Any tips on how to get past this fear? Will I be alright? I just don't know.

ant12
17-04-15, 18:24
Hi you can do the simple things and check that the blade is changed. Most barbers will change the blade in front of you...
Another thing they dip the razor in a strong disinfectant when not in use... so rest assured that chances of catching anything are slim... but you are the customer and if you feel the way you do ask for the blade to be changed in front of you. I am sure they will not object :-)

Fishmanpa
17-04-15, 18:53
He's not shaving your face, he's cutting your hair. It just can't happen.

Positive thoughts