PDA

View Full Version : anxiety an depression symptoms

kim!!
17-04-15, 22:44
hi does anybody else get these symptoms because i think iv got something seriously wrong with me?
headaches
pain in the neck,back,shoulders,chest,arms,legs,hands an feet!
muscle an joint aches an pains
feeling sick
hot an cold
shaking an twitching
breathing problems
please tell me this is all normal with health anxiety an depression?

Sam123
17-04-15, 22:54
hi does anybody else get these symptoms because i think iv got something seriously wrong with me?
headaches
pain in the neck,back,shoulders,chest,arms,legs,hands an feet!
muscle an joint aches an pains
feeling sick
hot an cold
shaking an twitching
breathing problems
please tell me this is all normal with health anxiety an depression?
Hi Kim, Completely normal with anxiety. I suffer from health anxiety and over the years have had literally every symptom you could think of and diagnosed myself(through google) of every disease condition under the sun. I think the link below would help you as it goes through many symptoms you have listed and explains more in depth about anxiety and how it affects the mind/body. Hope it helps :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/healthanxiety

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

If you go on the home page and click articles, select symptoms on the right hand side and have a read through x

Muscles, muscle tension, stiffness, muscle twitching, tight scalp or neck

What you feel:

You feel like your muscles are always tight or strained, sometimes to the point of frequent pain, or even persistent and ongoing pain. Some may also find the pain so restricting and debilitating that it prevents physical activity, and sometimes to the point of becoming bed ridden. It's also common to experience pain or cramps in any of the body's muscles.

A particular joint in your body feels unusually stiff and sore, or hard to move. It may even feel arthritic. Sometimes you feel you may be 'seizing up'.

For no apparent reason, a particular muscle will begin to twitch. This twitching will continue for an unusual amount of time before it stops of its own accord. Sometimes it twitches so long it becomes sore, and may continue on and off for days.

You may feel that your scalp is sore, has shooting pains, or that the back of your neck and head are very tense. Even though there is no apparent reason for this, they continue to.

What causes this:

Stress biology causes muscles to contract (tighten) so that the body is more resilient to an attack. The higher the stress biology, the more tense the muscles will be. Some people experience mild tenseness while others may experience great pain, sometimes to the point of immobility. Others experience uncontrollable muscle twitching. It can be one particular muscle over and over again, or it can be a wide variety of muscles. Sometimes the twitching can last for days.

Regular exercise helps to keep tight muscles relaxed. Some find relief through massage therapy or warm baths.

As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Shakiness or trembling

kim!!
17-04-15, 23:14
hi thankyou that was a great help, i felt like i was going mad an I was the only one with the symptoms :D

Sam123
17-04-15, 23:44
Definitely not :roflmao: I had a habit of google searching every symptom and obviously google likes to scare you and put the worst(most unlikely) explanation at the top. So what i started doing if i really HAD to google a symptom was putting for example 'Muscle twitches nomorepanic' 'Pain in left arm nomorepanic'.. as it would lead me straight here to a forum post and i would then be able to read others with the same problem without being misdiagnosed.

The health anxiety forum may help you, it's very hard to understand that anxiety and tress can cause so many real symptoms, it took me so long to believe it was all down to anxiety and even know i still get the odd irrational thought and go into panic mode. Hope this site helps you :)

kim!!
18-04-15, 07:26
thanks, how long was u like it for? I try talking to my family about it but they don't understand!

Sam123
18-04-15, 07:44
My health anxiety started abouy 7/8 years ago and peaked around 4 years ago when I was going throufh a difficult time. I still have healrh anxiety, but I am far better and it doesnt cause me sleepless nights. I rarely experience the symptoms that I used to like muscle twitches and migraines.
I mainly put this down to changing my diet/lifestyle to a much healthier one, and learning to focus on positive things, full my mind with good thoughts and keep active, as I noticed my symptoms were far worse when I was at home especially at night when you have time to focus on them.

Thats a shame, I suppose for some people it is hard to understand as most have the thought pattern of 'Just don't worry about it' when we both know its not as simple as that. I felt like I was going insane and being punished when I was suffering bad with anxiety, many doctors apps tests and scans done to be told everything is fine, I couldnt understand how they werent finding anything when I was having these symptoms. The thing is the symptoms are real, its the cause of them thats not.

kim!!
18-04-15, 10:13
oh rite i just need to know in going to be ok an I wont be like this forever, i seem to get used to the symptoms then a new one comes along.

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

also did your bones used to click when i move they click lol