PDA

View Full Version : Intro to me :)

John87
18-04-15, 17:01
Hi Guys,

Felt a bit silly coming on here, but looks like you all give some good advice!

I am 28 years old and recently starting to struggle again with panic attacks. I always have mild anxiety which I have learnt to control, but just seems to be having a flare at the moment and it's scaring the crap out of me. Was so bad the other night, my wife just looked at me and said this is starting to get scary.....nothing I could do but ride it out. Has wiped me out all week, just feel tired and lonely with it.

I know this is just a blip and it will go away again, just seems to be harder. Funny thing is I have recently given up drinking Coca Cola, this seems to have a bad effect on the panic attacks and I feel worse. If I get that sugar hit, it seems to help me for the day. Has anyone else had this? I am going to the docs I think to get my sugar levels checked just incase, also noticed my BP is a little higher, but guessing this is down to the anxiety at the moment.

Be good to hear from anyone,

Thanks
Chris :)

venusbluejeans
18-04-15, 17:07
Hiya Chris G and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sam123
18-04-15, 17:10
Hi Chris, sorry to hear your anxiety is playing up. It is such a hard cycle.

Firstly congrats on giving up coca cola! :yesyes:
It is definitely not a substance your body needs. Yup go to the doctors just to put your mind at ease let them know your thoughts, i've had health anxiety for 7/8 years, peaked around 4 years ago where i was in a horrible place. Glad to say i am much better now and close to beating health anxiety for good. I too have times when it still flares up and i think why?! You're not alone, Just keep doing what you're doing and stay positive, get some advice for the panic attacks, maybe do another post in the Panic Attacks category for tips :)

John87
18-04-15, 17:16
Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I am so glad I have found this forum, everyone seems so friendly and forthcoming with wanting to help people! Also great to know I am not alone with things, my wife is very supportive and loving, but she does not really know what I am going through and sometimes that is tuff! Will pop a post in the Panic Attacks category now,

Thanks
Chris

Sam123
18-04-15, 17:28
Yes it's great to have the support of your partner but sometimes it helps to speak to people who can completely relate. While panic attacks can be extremely scary it's important to remember that that's all they are panic attacks, you will go through it like you have done before, i'm sure you will get some good advice in that category.

Here's a link if you've not already read the articles from the home page >> http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack

There's a lot of information that should help :)

Davit
18-04-15, 17:31
Most people only see their own panic attacks. It is scary to those who don't understand. I've seen others and they make my heart race.
I miss Coke Classic but my body doesn't, still a coke float on a hot day.....

hopey
18-04-15, 19:11
Hello Chris G. I understand you saying you feel silly! ! ! I come on the site quite a lot and think I know what to say about how I feel but when I come on I very rarely say how I feel. But find it very helpful reading the others
letters.
Also when people say how awful they feel I can identify with them in a way
But not many people say how they feel

. cheers Hopey. Good luck to you.