PDA

View Full Version : mornings

silver blaze
19-04-15, 10:01
does anyone feel like S...t in a morning has if you haven't slept and more anxious more dizzy and any tips if you do

MyNameIsTerry
19-04-15, 10:37
Yeah, its always been one of my triggers to.

I wake up feeling crappy and then have to slog it out through the rest of the day.

Cortisol is highest when we sleep, its actually what wakes us up. So, adressing high cortisol is a good way to wake up quicker once you have woke up a mess, if you see what I'm saying?

Reducing cortisol can be done through meditation which is why some people like to do it upon waking most likely (do they realise why?).

I have found that I just have to get going. Get up, eat, get washed and get out for a walk. This tends to take a fair amount of it away.

I also worried a lot over getting enough sleep. Well, I've had a problem with my OCD that has caused me to live off about 5 hours for 10 months now (I'm addressing this again now and having more success than in previous attempts) and whilst I have my crashes with fatigue, it has taught me that I need less sleep than I realised. Its not doing me good long term as I would normall sleep 7+ or about 6-6.5 when working though and I think it has impacted my physical health a bit, but in one way it has shown me something else useful to build upon.

You might find something physical helps because it wakes your body up and gets the blood pumping. Exercise will cause the release of endorphins, for instance.

Yoga might be a good option. Another one is something like Kum-Nye which has specific routines for waking up that aim to increase energy and get the blood flowing. When the blood gets flowing, it will mean more nutrients flowing too.

Logan_Five
19-04-15, 11:35
Yup - last few days, I've woken feeling anxious and as Terry says, it's probably much to do with Cortisol.

atki
19-04-15, 12:33
I hate mornings!