PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed!!!!!

Gabrielben
20-04-15, 06:52
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted on here for long. Partly because I've been doing so well on medication and been positive and symptom free for quite some time. I'm really upset with myself. Two nights ago I docided to go out with friends, I drank quite a bit of alcohol and was very drunk. You know how teenagers are. I've done it before, and with no after effects like I'm experiencing now. I must add, I also smoked a bit of marihuana, which I really regret doing. So here I am, with anxiety levels sky high. Havent eaten for a day, nausea, vomiting; heart palpitations and lots of emotional symptoms. I really need advice. I was doing so well, now I feel like I did a year ago, anxiety ridden. Will it wear off?? Do I need to give it sometime for my medication to balance off again? Or should I consult my psychiatrist? I'm really worried please someone help me!! Thanks

G

MyNameIsTerry
20-04-15, 07:15
Hi Gabrielben,

I'm glad you have been doing a lot better as I can remember you were really struggling last year.

Alcohol "can" make some peoples anxiety worse and for some people it can come the next day which I think can also be a matter of a spiralling reaction to feeling physically rough as well.

This happens from time to time and people post on here about it. After a day of rest, they are back to how they were before and need to have a think about their use of other substances.

It also depends what you are taking. Certain medications enhance the effects of alcohol, some medications are entensified by alcohol and some are ok (but usually in moderation). If you go onto Drug.com and look up your meds it will tell you about it.

Also, remember that many of these meds are liver based. Some meds advise to avoid excessive alcohol consumption to avoid putting further pressure on the liver. At a minimum, a hangover affects the liver anyway as it has to work a lot harder to process the toxins so drink lots of water to help it flush them out. Its not only alcohol that causes the liver to be overworked, even drinking cleansing products will do it or large quantities of probiotics in cases of candida overgrowth.

AnxietyDJ
20-04-15, 11:28
Hi there, sorry to hear that you feel this way, but I can assure you that it will go with time. I get horrendous anxiety and depression after drinking alcohol, so I really understand how awful you feel at the moment.

As long as you don't make drinking too much a very regular thing then you'll be fine and within a day or two, back to feeling how you were previously.

Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon! :)

Davit
20-04-15, 16:01
Amazing. Well alcohol is a known depressant. If you want to shoot yourself in the foot, it is your foot. I think I'll stick to the high I get panic free. I do enjoy a glass of wine in the evening or a Guinness on a hot day, but never two. Kind of like limiting my coffee use too.
But like I said, I like being panic free.

Many meds use the P450 enzyme in the liver to break down, I don't know if alcohol does. But if your liver is busy I guess something is going to wait. Alcohol shuts down neurotransmitters and it can take a while for them to come back on line again. Hence the anxiety. It will go, the choice is whether it is worth this.

xvolatileheart
21-04-15, 13:37
Since I started having panic attacks, I get horrendous hangovers where I'm filled with anxiety and depression. Even after the physical symptoms wear off, I feel mentally awful for a few days. I understand how hard it is not to drink in excess because it's fun, it's social and you want to feel like a normal young person! I spent many of my weekend's last year in agony from the hangovers.

Since I started citalopram, I've vowed not to drink until I'm back to feeling myself, and even then I'll limit it to one or two drinks max. It's just not worth the mental rollercoaster for me.

I'm sure you'll be back to feeling okay in a few days. If not, speak to your doctor.

zest
03-05-15, 13:50
Hi ,i had this experience last night.I stuck with the feeling (was in a bar at the time, and had to go get a round too), then it went and i actually had a good night.did get a bit drunk but today im not hungover.Maybe the adrenline gives me energy to shake it off.anyway i hope things are ok.The key is knowing what it is ,whatever the symptom and accepting it,do something else,start a conversation, you'll be suprised how it backs down .I only drink socially and it normally rarely happens. Good luck

ohwell123
04-05-15, 17:43
I used to have all day anxiety regardless.... now when I drink it comes back with a bang and I feel worse than those dark days of the past however it usually goes within 24 hours of beer free time, then I drink again cuz Ive got a problem with the weather when its raining I drink and when its sunny I drink