PDA

View Full Version : got three different appt with mental health team all in one week

gregcool
20-04-15, 12:05
Cant believe my luck.iv had to realy push.this week i have three different appt with the mental health team..first one tom is Psychology sesion..next one thur with Psychiatrist to review me and my meds.third one this friday to duscus my overall mental health.well i hope something good comes from all these appt..

NoPoet
20-04-15, 15:51
Good luck mate, looks like the cavalry has arrived in force. I'd take notes of what happens in each meeting, especially if each meeting relates to something different, as it's easy to become bewildered by it all, especially if it's so important to you.

Davit
20-04-15, 16:04
I'd take notes with you so you don't miss anything you want to say also.

MyNameIsTerry
21-04-15, 05:29
It sounds like the eagle has finally landed!

Good luck, Greg. Get everything written down in sections to make it easier to get across on the day with forgetting things. Also write down any questions you have for them.

gregcool
21-04-15, 09:04
Thanks terry.i have lots of notes in my phone all ready for them.appt in 25min

MrAndy
21-04-15, 09:08
good luck greg,its great to hear you are now getting some support

Logan_Five
21-04-15, 09:17
Best of luck, Greg. :)

gregcool
21-04-15, 09:23
Thanks guys.i just hope there is something good that comes from it..

MyNameIsTerry
21-04-15, 09:25
There should be, Greg. You're with the higher level people now so they ahve far more resources and understanding. They will certainly know a lot more about meds.

It would be worth asking about any schemes, courses, walk-in, etc to see if they can recommend breaking up your day with things that are low cost or free.

gregcool
21-04-15, 12:19
Just come out of Psychology session.was in there for 2 hrs..heavy...we spoke about my life and past etc..very intence..they are going to give me one to one sessons which is what iv wanted for months hopefully something good will become of it.plus my meds review this thur..fingers crossed

MrAndy
22-04-15, 09:57
well done Greg all of this help should start to get you back on track,I am glad you are getting the support you deserve

MyNameIsTerry
22-04-15, 10:16
Thats great news, Greg. Remember to monitor them too and tell that what you need from them. Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

gregcool
22-04-15, 12:52
Thanks guys i have asked tons of questions etc..tomoroq medication review.this one scares me,coming off what iv been on for months and trying something new.starting all over again

MyNameIsTerry
22-04-15, 13:04
I think that would be true of us all, Greg.

We never want to feel more symptoms or feel like we are slipping further. I felt exactly like this when I relapsed because I knew I suffered going on them before. I just reassigned myself to the fact I had to brave it or because they alternate was staying like I was and at least the other option brought chances with it.

Be honest with them about this because they must hear this all the time. They have much more experience with medication so may have strategies to support hog through it.

gregcool
22-04-15, 19:13
Yes very nervios mate.my meds im on are clearly not working so im hoping something eles will.this anxiety and its symptoms are driving me mad.tightnes in my face and forhead and a compressed feeling in my head with adrenalin running through me,and feeling flat and depressed all day.so my fingers are crossed something will work

Crystalhiggs
22-04-15, 19:28
Good luck tomorrow Greg and brilliant news about today!! :)

gregcool
22-04-15, 20:00
Thanks crystal..

aprilmoon
22-04-15, 20:20
So far so good Greg
Good luck for tomorrow :)

gregcool
22-04-15, 20:27
Thanks april..:)

MrAndy
23-04-15, 16:21