PDA

View Full Version : Allergies / Cold? ... of course, I think I have leukemia

dittarco
20-04-15, 16:54
I obsess over the number of colds I get per year because I once read a statistic that healthy adults average 2-3 a year. I, on the other hand, average 4 to 6.

Sure, I have a toddler in daycare, which could reasonably explain why I catch colds more often, but I never consider it when I am stuck in my head.

Last night, I read frequent colds is a symptom of leukemia. I handled the response well, as I was able to still enjoy my evening, but nevertheless, here I am to discuss it with you.

I had a cold in March and now I think I have another one... Or is it allergies?
I have no fever or chills body aches. I just have sinus congestion.. occasionally it drips and makes me cough a bit.. but not a hacking cough. I do not feel run down. I just ran a 5K race yesterday morning.

When I look up cold vs. allergies, it's so vague. And now I am upset that if it's a cold, I just had one last month. That would bring me to 5 over the course of a year.

April 2014 - cold
July 2014 - cold
October - bad cold
December - cold (quick, 2 days)
March 2015 - cold (quick, 2-3 days)

..... Yep, I kept track :-(

Sam123
20-04-15, 21:43
Hi,

I used to have numerous colds per year as well as throat infections ect, it may help you to try and strengthen your immune system through your diet. Anxiety and stress as well as lifestyle can have an impact on your immune system