PDA

View Full Version : Back again...brain tumour HA

Shivmarie
21-04-15, 11:23
I've not posted for sometime on this forum as I was doing pretty well.
Past few days I've had a return of similar feelings I've felt before.
I hit the back of my head Saturday morning on a beam in my loft not hard by any stretch, had no symptoms following on except the fixating that I've done myself damage. I went to London after I did it all day, no issues, no head pain, no dizziness nothing I just focused in it.
The last two nights I've not slept, I've had the fuzzy head feeling like brain fog which I've had before but I'm convinced my brain is not remembering how to sleep (even though I slept like a baby Saturday night)
I have tension headaches on and off since yesterday and I suffer from ibs which is usually with C but it's been D for the last two days (convinced the change in bowel habit is another connection to the tumour or damage I've caused)
Feeling really rubbish right about now.
Headaches are not real painful, not vomited, no dizzy spells or balance or anything.
I can't focus though really struggling, but two days no sleep I'm wiped out.

Gary A
21-04-15, 12:22
Well you're not going to feel well if you haven't slept for two days, are you? How do you expect to feel?

Brain tumours don't cause changes in bowel habits, in rare cases the may cause incontinence but not a change in bowel habits. Your brain also cannot forget how to sleep. Sleep isn't a decision you make consciously, your body takes over and puts you to sleep as a way of recharging its own batteries. A brain tumour would be more likely to make you more sleepy and drowsy, not less so.

All in all I don't really see a single reason why you'd think you have a brain tumour.

silver_shoes
21-04-15, 14:31
I believe that the fuzzy headed feeling can be anxiety related, when I was suffering from panic attacks many years ago I suffered with horrific Depersonalisation/derealisation for months, very scary feeling but it did go away on its own. I think that brain tumours can cause fits and vomiting, I think you would know if you had one.

Shivmarie
21-04-15, 15:06
It's just so stupid I know, I actually sound ridiculous but I find that I'm in a really good place I have the feeling of dread lurking over me, so I knock my head and well that's set me on a path of worry. Something I've controlled for a good year or so.
I just wish I could get some sleep and I'd feel abit brighter and less 'out of it'
Thanks x

silver_shoes
21-04-15, 15:18
Not stupid at all. I can definitely relate!! :)

Shivmarie
22-04-15, 20:52
Thank you silvershoes.
I slept better last night, though eyes are burning a lot his evening, so my minds freaking out again, as I've had mild headache on and off all day. Can't remember if I had many eye symptoms when I was last real anxious. X