PDA

View Full Version : Spot on neck

Rebecca10
21-04-15, 13:59
Hi

I've been on here a few times with various health worries.. Once one goes I seem to replace it with another..

Anyway I have this spot on my neck that's a bit red - it's definitely been there for over a year but I don't remember how long in total it's been there. I went through a massive fear last year of melanoma because I found a new black spot on my hand.. Got sent to the dermatologist and it turned out it absolutely nothing and it disappeared the next day 🙈 whilst I was at the dermatologist I got her to check over all my body and I'm pretty sure I showed her the spot on my neck but I didn't mention how long it had been there - she examined all my freckles etc and said I was fine.

A few months later I saw something in the paper about basal cell carcinoma and I started to panic again about the spot on my neck so I went to a different doctor. He said it was nothing and was even going to remove it in his office but I said it was fine and I'd just leave it..

Anyway I'm starting to panic over it again - mainly because it's not disappeared and this worries me?? I googled pictures which I know is stupid but I thought if it brought up pics that don't look anything like mine then I wouldn't worry but a lot of them just look like simple little spots?! I've made another appointment for next week but I'm so worried about it - would it have got bigger and bigger if it was something like basal cell ? It scares me that something I could easily dismiss on my body could be something serious

Gary A
21-04-15, 16:58
It most probably would have grown or changed appearance in some way, shape or form if it were anything suspicious. If the doctor said it was nothing then it was and is nothing. If they want to remove it this time, let them. Basal and squamous cell carcinoma's are cancers but they're incredibly benign, they very rarely spread and in fact, people can have them for decades and it causes absolutely no harm whatsoever.

It sounds like nothing, but even if it is something then it really isn't as serious as you may think.