PDA

View Full Version : Muscle joint pain and stiffness.

Stokeyi30
21-04-15, 19:26
I am a 39 year old male and I can't help feeling that I have something wrong with me but I keep trying to tell myself that it's anxiety causing the symptoms. It all started about 5 years ago when I started to have urinary problems, frequent urination and dribbling urine after visiting the toilet. I convinced myself that I had prostate cancer and had several blood tests that proved normal. This has really been on my mind since and I still have the symptoms and worry about it today. For a short time I was experiencing headaches and pressure on my forehead...I went for an MRI and this was also clear. On top of this over the last few years I seem to suffer from muscle tightness and joint pain. Lots of my joints in my body hurt from shoulders, elbow, back, knees and even toe pain. At the moment I seem to be struggling with my neck locking and being stiff....it's getting me down a lot. In my mind I am trying to link all my symptoms and keep googling for a magic cure - which makes it worse! I now worry that these muscle aches are another serious condition or maybe fibromyalgia. At the moment I am trying magnesium suplements as I have heard that they help to relax the muscles. I am now getting to my wits end and have no idea how to try and beat this anxiety and these general aches and pains. I have tried massages, physio and lots of stretching...this does not seem to help a great deal. I am wondering if anybody else has experienced similar symptoms or can offer any advice on how to beat this. I don't feel I want to see the doctor as i think that I am wasting his time and that I am just a hydrocondriac and that he will run tests that will prove nothing 😞 hopefully someone can help.

MRS STRESS ED
21-04-15, 21:12
I am a 39 year old male and I can't help feeling that I have something wrong with me but I keep trying to tell myself that it's anxiety causing the symptoms. It all started about 5 years ago when I started to have urinary problems, frequent urination and dribbling urine after visiting the toilet. I convinced myself that I had prostate cancer and had several blood tests that proved normal. This has really been on my mind since and I still have the symptoms and worry about it today. For a short time I was experiencing headaches and pressure on my forehead...I went for an MRI and this was also clear. On top of this over the last few years I seem to suffer from muscle tightness and joint pain. Lots of my joints in my body hurt from shoulders, elbow, back, knees and even toe pain. At the moment I seem to be struggling with my neck locking and being stiff....it's getting me down a lot. In my mind I am trying to link all my symptoms and keep googling for a magic cure - which makes it worse! I now worry that these muscle aches are another serious condition or maybe fibromyalgia. At the moment I am trying magnesium suplements as I have heard that they help to relax the muscles. I am now getting to my wits end and have no idea how to try and beat this anxiety and these general aches and pains. I have tried massages, physio and lots of stretching...this does not seem to help a great deal. I am wondering if anybody else has experienced similar symptoms or can offer any advice on how to beat this. I don't feel I want to see the doctor as i think that I am wasting his time and that I am just a hydrocondriac and that he will run tests that will prove nothing �� hopefully someone can help.

hi sorry to hear how you are feeling ,but to be honest with you it all sounds like anxiety and yes anxiety can and will make you feel awful ,with anxiety we tense ourselves up because we are on constant alert ,this causes joint pain and the more you focus the more it will hang around you need to start relaxing ,start believing medical professionals, find away of keeping your mind busy all this will help you good luck :hugs:

Cell block H fan
24-04-15, 22:37
Yes, I have all this at the moment, going to the docs for my blood test results on monday, underactive thyroid, Fibromyalgia, peri menopause, could be anything in my case. I think the nurse took about 5 or 6 vials of blood. But today I am floored, flu like aches without the cold symptoms. And extremely lethargic. Hopefully a good day tomorrow but within a few days it will be back again. It sucks.

Princess23
10-08-15, 21:47
How is everyone getting on with there aches and pains , my ankles, wrists are pain fall as well as calf and forearm muscles plus feels like I have shin splints, blood test results came back as negative for anti inflammatory so what is causing pain, am worrying I have cancer etc, have suffered from anxiety and panic disorder for years but never experienced this.. Have had it for about 5 months now, trying to find out if any other anxiety sufferers have experienced it... Love and light x

Greenman50
10-08-15, 22:35
Its like reading about myself 5 years ago .

Anxiety is crap .....it kids you into all sorts its the not knowing that sucks is it not ...it is for me .

Can i suggest something to show how our mind focus,s on things ?

Think about swallowing and do it .

Try a second time .

and a third ...

Keep thinking and keep trying after the 4th attempt you will struggle and can,t do it because your thinking about .

Your mouth will dry up and throat is sore

You have had the all clear mate ....but your anxiety is still there , i know its hard to believe that mussle pain and joint stiffness is nothing but i my case it was just that ....nothing and unexplained .

Just like my neck pain and jaw pain is nothing (had it before) but focus on it 24 / 7 and our minds set on it and its crap .

I give great advice having suffered HA for years and i know you are fine but i do i listen to my Doc etc......not if the Anxiety takes over .

Beat it my fellow suffer,r .....your fine

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

How is everyone getting on with there aches and pains , my ankles, wrists are pain fall as well as calf and forearm muscles plus feels like I have shin splints, blood test results came back as negative for anti inflammatory so what is causing pain, am worrying I have cancer etc, have suffered from anxiety and panic disorder for years but never experienced this.. Have had it for about 5 months now, trying to find out if any other anxiety sufferers have experienced it... Love and light x

Hi Princess .......been there had it got the T shirt ...

Aches and pains in joints ..."cancer" ....

No way imvho ......i,ve had the lot see my above post .

I used to get so tense everything ached what i focused on your mind goes into over drive does it not :weep:

Our minds think the worse take care :bighug1:

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Hi Princess .......been there had it got the T shirt ...

Aches and pains in joints ..."cancer" ....

No way imvho ......i,ve had the lot see my above post .

I used to get so tense everything ached what i focused on your mind goes into over drive does it not :weep:

Our minds think the worse take care :bighug1: