PDA

View Full Version : Hallucinations on Venlafaxine??

MoonShine69
22-04-15, 16:29
Hi guys, I'm currently on 150mg of Ven a day, combined with 60mg of Propranolol, and erythromycine (just an anti-bi for my acne), and I was wondering if anyone has had any strange situations where they hear things that aren't happening, or remember situations that haven't happened?

Other side effects I get are a really really dry mouth, HUGE dilated pupils, terrible night sweats (gross I know lol) and erm, y'know...The sexual dysfunction one lol.

So does anyone else experience this?

One last thing, does anyone else get short bursts of anger? and feel like they have no patience?

I'm new, just joined today, looking forward to getting to know you!:D

MoonShine69
22-04-15, 23:08
To anyone that views, I'd really appreciate your input, even if it's "nope, never had that happen."

MyNameIsTerry
23-04-15, 05:52
Have you recently increased your dosage?

I can say that false memories are actually seen in OCD. Do you have OCD?

I can also say that when I increased to the dose where my SNRI, Duloxetine, starts to interact with my adrenaline, it did cause my low level OCD symptoms to go full blown. But I experienced some uncommon symptoms at this dosage and my anxiety was sky high.

Looking at Drugs.com, hallucinations are mentioned as it hostility in the Uncommon (0.1% to 1%) section of the "For Healthcare Professionals" area of the side effects tab. These sections are usually based on previous studies.

Agitation is also mentioned in the section where it says check with your doctor.

Have you found your anxiety increasing when starting this dose if its new? I understand the 150mg dose for Ven is when it starts to work with adrenaline and this will mean different side effects could occur than previously when it was working more like a SSRI. That was my experience anyway and it seems to be similiar with Nicola's on here support thread.

nicola1980
23-04-15, 06:40
Hi im also on ven, 187.5mg, have you recently just started it? As in the beginning my side effects were dilated pupils, night sweats and dry mouth which did wear off in time. I've never had the hallucinations but I do have very vivid dreams on ven and sometimes I'm not sure whether I've dreamt something or its actually happened!! As for the short bursts of anger I'd say I've not noticed that one yet my husband might not agree :blush:
welcome to the forum you'll get lots of support here XX

Davit
23-04-15, 06:54
Hallucinations if mild are from the antibiotic. I've had them. Hallucinations from very very bad life threatening infection are beyond belief yet so real they don't cause panic. I still have a few days in memory that were replaced with hallucinations. Except for the fact they don't match the rest of the days they are believably real.

MoonShine69
23-04-15, 14:15
Have you recently increased your dosage?

I can say that false memories are actually seen in OCD. Do you have OCD?

I can also say that when I increased to the dose where my SNRI, Duloxetine, starts to interact with my adrenaline, it did cause my low level OCD symptoms to go full blown. But I experienced some uncommon symptoms at this dosage and my anxiety was sky high.

Nope, no OCD, and no increase in agitation either. Yeah I have recently increased the dose, luckily today's doesn't seem to be causing any!

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Hi im also on ven, 187.5mg, have you recently just started it? As in the beginning my side effects were dilated pupils, night sweats and dry mouth which did wear off in time. I've never had the hallucinations but I do have very vivid dreams on ven and sometimes I'm not sure whether I've dreamt something or its actually happened!! As for the short bursts of anger I'd say I've not noticed that one yet my husband might not agree :blush:
welcome to the forum you'll get lots of support here XX

Hi thanks for the welcome! The night sweats are the worst right?? couldn't believe I was literally soaking my sheets in the middle of winter!

Davit, that's really strange, I've been on loads of anti-biotics for my acne before and this never happened! but it is my first time on this one so maybe you're right! Unfortunatly this anti-bi is the only thing that's made the slightest difference to my face, so I think I'd rather keep going with them...

Guess I'll talk about it with my doctor, I'm seeing her on the 6th.

Thanks for all the help guys! xx