PDA

View Full Version : ALS Worry/Spasms

OGNinjaDon
22-04-15, 21:19
Hi,

I've posted a thread about this before and just wanted to post another as symptoms have increased in severity.

Current symptoms:

- Muscle spasms (Feet/Legs/Arms/Head[eyes, eye sockets, face, neck]/Fingers)
- Nerve pain (Same places as mentioned above)(Feels like being hit with something sharp for a split second, quite painful)
- Occasional twitching (generally a normal twitch when you think of moving something and then decide against it but your brain doesnt catch up in time, not too worried about these but worth adding it in)
- Tingling (feels like continous spasms)

These sensations have gradually increased on a daily basis, nothing sudden or instant, but they have slowly progressed. It generally happens when sitting still, can also happen while in motion.

I can be sitting down eating some food and both my feet (usually one) will be twitching/spasming quite abruptly for around 2 hours at a time. Occaisinal muscle cramping in those places. Can be in one place then jumps to my head/face, then to another place.

The nerve pain will be instantanious and doesnt feel like it is linked to anything, but this can happen in a number of places, places i am not aware i am in control of either, which makes me worry, I can understand a muscle spasm in a place you have control of; as you can be anxious and unaware you are tensing those muscle for a long period of time. It can happen, and has happened, in my groin area(genitals), face, eyes, legs, toes, side of head near temples, top of head.

I have had my blood taken recently and currently awaiting results, but just to try and calm my nerves does anybody have any helpful information/past experience of these types of symptoms?

Basically, continous muscle spasms with nerve pain associated. Random, localized more to the feet than anywhere else, but will jump pretty much everywhere.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam123
22-04-15, 22:56
Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear your symptoms haven't eased. I know i've replied to your post before but just wanted to add that i too had muscle twitches in the groin area, the strangest ones for me were when it was deep in my stomach, it felt like something was moving around in there!
So yes i literally did have these twitches in every place you can think of, and i am fine the twitches were benign BFS, I never experienced pain along with the twitches, but i would experience muscle tension and aches in general.

Have you thought about a possible deficiency? Also if you are getting enough water?
I am sure your results will be clear, keep us updated and 'Try not to worry' :)

Lilly13
25-04-15, 15:35
Hi sam,

I also have these symptoms! I have pain in my hands and wrists and allot of stiffness as well. I also have allot of twitching, it has moved into my upper arm and the thumps are actually painful. Before this, the twitches were in my thumb muscle, which has caused my thumb to actually move... really scary. Do your fingers ever feel like the sensation one feels when you jam a finger?

I hope your doing better, have you heard any feedback?

I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone :)

All the best,

Lilly