PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Nick1981
22-01-07, 12:06
Hello All,

A little about me.......
Im 25 and have / had been suffering from panic attacks and acute anxiety for about the last year.
The attacks started completely out of the blue and gradually became worse until i became agoraphobic.
Originally I was put on diazepam, beta blockers and Citalopram. I only used diazepam in extreme cases. I
now just take Citalopram.
I have also had CBT and NLP therapy as well as hypnotherapy.
I hope im going to learn more about the condition and be able to help others on their journey!!!
Nick

It does get better

EebyJeeby
22-01-07, 12:14
Hi Nick and a big, warm welcome to the NMP forum!

You'll find lots of useful info here (if you click on the link to the site Home page, you'll find many useful articles). Your experiences and contributions will be most welcome.

We're a friendly bunch, so if you have any questions, just ask!

Eeb x

yorkylover
22-01-07, 12:28
Hi Nick and welcome.Im on the same meds as you!!!!!
You will get lots of advise here and support.;)

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
22-01-07, 12:51
HI Nick

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will find lots of great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

hogwarts
22-01-07, 13:12
Hello Nick can ask you for some addvice i have got citalopram but i am a bit scared of taking them because of the side affecks it has do they help you?

Gareth.

belle
22-01-07, 13:13
Hi Nick and welcome!
I'm sure you'll learn a lot about your illness here :)
(I have)..

Sarah x

manmoor
22-01-07, 13:16
Hi Nick,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

nomorepanic
22-01-07, 13:24
Nick

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

wobily_lin
22-01-07, 17:40
elo Nick

A big welcome to the site..great support and advice here..x

Take care,
Lin xxx

"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

Randy
22-01-07, 17:46
Howdy, Nick!

Glad to see another newbie on the forum! I have suffered from anxiety for many years, but this past year has been the worst for me. Going to the doc today to see what he can do to help me out. If you ever need a friend to talk to, look me up! And welcome!

Randy

KOKO23CAT
22-01-07, 17:56
hello,

welcome. any successes you have to share will be greatly appreciated!
did hypnotherapy help? iv'e been considering it for a while but just not sure about embarking on another journey only for it not to work!

koko

my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened

clickaway
22-01-07, 18:07
Welcome Aboard, Nick.

Great to see you here and I hope you will soon make progress.

Dont forget to check out First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) on our advice pages.

Cheers

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

sandlin
22-01-07, 18:11
Welcome Nick - you'll get lots of help and info here.

Linda xx

ceecee
22-01-07, 18:12
hi nick
welcome to the forum
take care
rach x

Nick1981
22-01-07, 20:14
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hello Nick can ask you for some addvice i have got citalopram but i am a bit scared of taking them because of the side affecks it has do they help you?

Gareth.

<div align="right">Originally posted by hogwarts - 22 January 2007 : 13:12:36</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Gareth

Where do i start.... Originally i was put on lorezepam but i didnt get on with it. I switched to Citalopram and if im honest had quite a struggle getting used to it. I had initial side effects such as dizziness and nausea. However, i perservered and im glad i did. I do feel a little fuzzy but its a massive improvement on how i was.
Hope this helps you
Let me know how you get on
Nick

It does get better

Nick1981
22-01-07, 20:20
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hello,

welcome. any successes you have to share will be greatly appreciated!
did hypnotherapy help? iv'e been considering it for a while but just not sure about embarking on another journey only for it not to work!

koko

my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened

<div align="right">Originally posted by KOKO23CAT - 22 January 2007 : 17:56:38</div id="right">

Hi Koko
I had hypnotherapy combined with NLP and i did find it useful. I really wasnt a believer in that sort of thing but i was in a position where i would have tried anything. I do believe that this was just one piece of the jigsaw though and have combined it with CBT, medication and help programs and alot of support from my family and friends...
Hope this helps
Nick

It does get better

jo61
23-01-07, 08:37
Hi Nick, how have you found NLP? I've been having it for the past year and sometimes wonder if I'd be better off with CBT approach.

Love Jo x

Nick1981
23-01-07, 12:10
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Nick, how have you found NLP? I've been having it for the past year and sometimes wonder if I'd be better off with CBT approach.

Love Jo x

<div align="right">Originally posted by jo61 - 23 January 2007 : 08:37:58</div id="right">

Hi Jo,

To be honest i personally didnt get great benefit from CBT but i did find NLP useful. However, i would say that for me it was a complination of treatments that helped, especially believing i could beat it.
Nick

"It does get better"

xrose_fleurx
23-01-07, 12:22
Hello Nick

I have a similar story to yours. Received counselling which helped but had difficulty in getting my head around CBT or relate it to my daily life. Also attended an anxiety management group which covered CBT.

Can I just check what NLP is please?

jo61
23-01-07, 12:54
It stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming. I've put a link here to the therapies section of No More Panic homepage which gives a snapshot.
Therapy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=therapy)

Love Jo xx

Piglet
23-01-07, 13:32
A big welcome to the site :D

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Lindalou64
23-01-07, 22:44
HI NIC
WELCOME [8D]AND YES IT DOES GET BETTER IM SURE YA WILL GET LOTS OF SUPPORT HERE I WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA

kazzie
23-01-07, 23:44
WELCOME TO NMP YOU WILL GET LOTS OF SUPPORT HERE

LUV KAZ X X

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

sal
23-01-07, 23:49
Hi Nick

Welcome and i did try loads of different kinds of meds and Citalopram but my new doctor tried me on it again against my better judgement but when i persevered it helped me loads. I still use diazepam like you as a reserve. You are sure to help others and that will be greatly appreciated just like we are all her to help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".