PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I have a temperature, but I don't?

little.miss.worry
23-04-15, 15:24
Hello,

Yes I know it's obviously a warm day. But, all day, even in breeze my face has been extremely hot and it's been scaring me, because obviously I'm frightened I have a temperature. When I got home, I test it out and it came to 36.70 which is normal body temperature? I'm not sure why I feel like this.. it's coming and going and I'm so scared :(

I'm not sure if it's just me making things worse for myself or there's something wrong :/

AnxietyDJ
23-04-15, 16:11
Well, first of all I can say that it is perfectly normal to sometimes feel hot without running a high temperature or being unwell. I myself can find that I am so hot to the point of sweating, even when I am not in a warm place... This is usually down to my anxiety running wild. With your heart beating fast and your body getting into that 'fight or flight' mode, it is quite natural to feel slightly warmer as your body works harder and starts to pulls resources into the areas it thinks needs them the most.

Also, things you eat and drink can affect how warm you feel, so it could be something as simple as that.

Easier said than done, but try not to worry - I'm sure it is nothing to be frightened of.

Take care :)

little.miss.worry
23-04-15, 16:16
Well, first of all I can say that it is perfectly normal to sometimes feel hot without running a high temperature or being unwell. I myself can find that I am so hot to the point of sweating, even when I am not in a warm place... This is usually down to my anxiety running wild. With your heart beating fast and your body getting into that 'fight or flight' mode, it is quite natural to feel slightly warmer as your body works harder and starts to pulls resources into the areas it thinks needs them the most.

Also, things you eat and drink can affect how warm you feel, so it could be something as simple as that.

Easier said than done, but try not to worry - I'm sure it is nothing to be frightened of.

Take care :)

Oh thank god! I probably sound really stupid but I have got really scared over this all day. Been driving me mad :(

Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it! :D

AnxietyDJ
23-04-15, 16:37
Hey, you don't sound stupid - if it's something that has really bothered and worried you then it isn't silly at all. We all worry about different things, so what's most important is that you are able to calm down and feel better, and sometimes you need someone else's input for that to happen... A lot of the time, when it's happening to you, you can't see the wood for the trees.

Fingers crossed you can enjoy the rest of the day and weekend now :)

little.miss.worry
23-04-15, 17:24
Hey, you don't sound stupid - if it's something that has really bothered and worried you then it isn't silly at all. We all worry about different things, so what's most important is that you are able to calm down and feel better, and sometimes you need someone else's input for that to happen... A lot of the time, when it's happening to you, you can't see the wood for the trees.

Fingers crossed you can enjoy the rest of the day and weekend now :)

Thank you for understanding :) That's very true, like I know I have a normal temperature and you've reassured me, but in the back of my mind there's the thought niggling at me.. so frustrating :(