PDA

View Full Version : Having one now!

John87
23-04-15, 19:03
Having a panic attack now guys and won't go away!

Felt dizzy, sick and a weird feeling in my stomach. Now I am shaking all over, hot but cold! When will they end :weep:

My wife helps me but this is one of the hardest times I have had with this! Scares the crap out of me!!!

Davit
23-04-15, 19:08
They go when they have a reason to which entails learning about them so you can stop them. There is a reason behind them so waiting for them to go won't work.

John87
23-04-15, 19:14
Kind of edging off now, I think this is just general panic! I am just not sure why though? Seems to happen every couple of days, I get a really bad experience!

Davit
23-04-15, 19:23
If they progress to every day they can become very bad with symptoms lasting for hours.
You really should find out what is causing the panic.

John87
23-04-15, 19:28
I am not sure what is? Just a very sudden feeling of dread and it gets worse from there. I am booking a doctors appointment now, as you will know once it comes it's hard to get rid of!

aprilmoon
23-04-15, 20:39
How are you feeling now Chris?
Has it passed off more now?

xvolatileheart
23-04-15, 23:53
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time with panic attacks. I hope this one has eased off.

Trying to come up with reasons of why it's happening, for me, is not useful. It only makes me feel more upset, confused and scared. The reason is simply that I am anxious and my body is misfiring adrenaline! Have you heard of Claire Weekes? She has some amazing audiobooks that explain panic attacks perfectly and make them less scary. She teaches how to stop fearing them and accept that they're just a harmless bodily reaction.

My advice would be to look into lifestyle changes and seek therapy that will help you manage your panic attacks. Often times these things are enough to get the panic under control. If not, speak to your GP about medication. I wish I had nipped my anxiety in the bud early on rather than letting it build into the awful demon it has become.

There's loads of support and comfort on this site, so don't feel alone.

John87
24-04-15, 09:22
Thanks for the support guys. It's carried on until this morning. Not the actual attack but build up of anxiety! I am going to the docs in a minute for a scheduled blood test, pretty sure that is why I am feeling it a bit this morning.

I just cannot pin point the cause of all this. I have been fine for the last couple of years nothing at all (apart from odd anxious moments!). Then suddenly I am hit with it again and can't shake it.

I gave up smoking a couple of weeks ago, didn't smoke much anyways just thought I would quit, felt like the right time. I feel healthily for doing it! I am just not sure why they have come back so bad, really sucks right now! Every time I have one just seems like it's going to be the end of me. Not had it this bad before.

John87
24-04-15, 18:30
Ok guys so been to the doctors as I was feeling really rough. I have a bad stomach virus that I am pretty sure has bought on the panic attacks. On pain killers for the fever and hydration packets for the not so nice other bits. Plenty of rest ordered as well! So many bugs going around at the moment! But feeling much better after taking the hydration packet and pain killers, like a different person compared to earlier! Been going on for two weeks now so guessing it was just getting worse and worse, especially with the hydration and important minerals etc lost that were just not being replaced! Panic attacks I can cope with stomach virus not so much :D