PDA

View Full Version : Tiny red dots on skin

ihateha
24-04-15, 11:49
Hello everyone.
I am worried about tiny red dots on my skin. They are mostly on my upper arms and upper legs but I have them on my face and abdomen too. Some are quite big and a bit raised, and I am not worried about them as I think they are cherry angiomas. But I am worried about the really tiny red dots that are just under the skin. They are pinprick size and I am concerned they are petchiae. They don't blanch. I did show them to my GP and he said not to worry, but he didn't seem to know what they are, which has me worried! Any ideas? I am scared it is a liver problem.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

I should have also mentioned that I have had 4 babies in the last 7 years so I wonder if it's the hormones or increased blood volume in pregnancy that have caused these? Would be interested to hear from other mums. I am 38.

Enoughalready!
27-04-15, 07:34
I'm not really sure about what it is, but it's something that I've had as well. Last summer I had a smattering of teeny orangish red dots scattered on my thighs and shins (one area on my tummy, as well.) they didn't itch or hurt, so it didn't seem urgent to go to the doctor right away. By the time I was seen two or three weeks later, they were gone. I did show him a picture I had taken and he was not concerned. He thought maybe it was a heat rash, which I didn't really agree with, but said not to worry.

About a month after that, they came back. This time, they lasted 4-6 weeks but they did eventually fade away. According to Doctor Google, it might have been something called Schamberg's Disease... Essentially leaky capillaries for no good reason. They just come and go for some people. It never developed into anything worse, so I'm done worrying about it. For now, anyway. :wacko:

ihateha
27-04-15, 12:31
Thanks for your reply. Mine don't come and go. I have had them for years and just seem to be getting more and more of them. They are bright red too. Anyone else?

Emilym80
27-04-15, 17:09
Hi there,

If your GP wasn't concerned, that's good. If he didn't know what they are, even better, because he'd be able to recognise petechiae!

Nobody on here can really diagnose you or tell you what they are but I wouldn't worry if your GP said they're ok :)