PDA

View Full Version : bad mid back pain hurts to take deep breathes

emmalj0
24-04-15, 12:45
Hi iv a few things worrying me at the minute. Iv had mid back pain for over a year now it hurts when i take deep breathes in. Been drs just said its mechanical from poor posture pushing buggy etc. Anyone else experienced anything similar nothong helps with the pain.

thanks

Sam123
25-04-15, 00:46
Hi Emma,

Yes i've had this when i had a bad time with sciatica low back pain, i would get pain in the middle of my back when i breathed in and out, it will be your nerves affected by posture. I would suggest gentle back stretches and exercises to help loosen the muscles in that area, also recommend yoga.

Trying to be more active and beware of your posture whilst sat down too

Hope it gets better

MyNameIsTerry
25-04-15, 06:05
I get loads of this, mostly in my side though and its more the right. Its a muscular tension thing. You tend to focus a lot on your breathing as well which makes it harder so it only feeds this problem.

Suggest breathing exercises and Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR) which therapists advise for muscular tension.

emmalj0
25-04-15, 07:11
Thanks for the comments really helpful to know its nothing serious

xfilme
26-04-15, 22:07
I get a similar pain when I get a nerve trapped in my shoulderblade. Its like a shooting pain when I breath in. It usually goes away if I correct my posture and excercise my shoulders and arms x