PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding from anus

Susie333
24-04-15, 15:14
I haven't been on here for some time (very proud of that) but I've started this awful worrying pattern again.
I have had some slight bleeding, it's really strange and usually happens when I get up to have my first pee of the morning. Just a bit of bright red blood on the paper or drip in the water. It's definitely coming from my bottom. I went to the docs this week and she couldn't see any piles or fissures. She felt my tummy and that was perfectly normal too. I have to go back in 2 weeks if it's still happening.
Just wondered if any of you had bleeding without any piles or fissures?

Kirbear4
24-04-15, 20:18
I don't personally but I know of someone who does. She is in her 60's and was bleeding quite a lot. She didn't have any piles, fissures or polyps. The Dr referred her for a colonoscopy and they didn't find anything untoward. Fast forward several months and the bleeding has stopped. Also, my friends mum had a similar thing happen to her, bleeding went as quick as it had started. I'm not saying that you can just ignore it but just so you know it's not always something to worry about even if you are referred for further tests.

Sam123
24-04-15, 20:27
Hi Susie,

It may help when you have a bowel movement to check your stool to see if there is blood, bright red blood indicates it isn't coming from far up! And is usually due to internal hemorrhoids or an anal fissure.

You've seen your Doctor which is great and don't have any other concerns, i'd say just keep an eye on it but 'try not worry' you've noticed it and looked in to it there's nothing else needed from you now so try to not let i take control.

:)

Susie333
25-04-15, 20:59
Thank you for your replies, it's a great comfort to me to know that others have had the same symptoms without it being life threatening.
I welcome any reassurance from fellow suffers xxx