PDA

View Full Version : Help! Frequent Urination?? :(

little.miss.worry
24-04-15, 18:24
So, it's one thing after another with me. As always. But, i've been having problems for nearly a year now. Basically, feeling like I have a UTI when I don't. I had one in June last year (when the problems started) and then one in October and none since. But I go to the doctors literally every week to drop off a urine sample to get dip tested because it gets that bad. I'm in pain a lot and it's not nice. I had an operation, to check if I have interstitial cystitis and thank heavens, I don't. It's something to do with my urethra. It's too narrow or something so they had to widen it. The symptoms of the UTI come from bits of urine getting stuck in the uetrha because obviously, it isn't wide enough. So it was widene and yeah, still have problems so, this operation hasn't worked and i'm soon to have my consultation with the gyno who did the operation and sorted it to see how i've gone on.

Anyways, I handed in a urine sample yesterday and it was negative. But today, I have pain every once in a while, no stinging when I urinate thankfully, but, I literally cannot stop nipping to the loo! It's not every 10 minutes or anything bad like that. It's about every 45 minutes to an hour. I haven't drank more than usual so obviously it's scaring me and baffling me!

I'm getting so worked up. My mum told me to calm down because I handed in a sample yesterday and it would have showed up obviously. But I keep thinking in my mind, maybe it's wrong.

I also do have anti biotics in to get ride of an infection if I do have one (they're from a while back when I got given some but didn't take because turned out, it wasn't one.) . But I don't want to take them if it isn't one obviously. And it's just idiotic to take anti biotics needlessly considering you can become resistant. Could all of this urination be down to anxiety? Because I've been worrying way too much this past week.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Gary A
24-04-15, 18:30
Frequent urination is a symptom of anxiety, yes. A UTI would typically be painful.

ant12
24-04-15, 18:32
Hello

It's not sign to worry about anything.
How much water are you drinking ?
Are you also having any other symptoms apart from discomfort?

little.miss.worry
24-04-15, 20:38
Frequent urination is a symptom of anxiety, yes. A UTI would typically be painful.

It's getting quite annoying now and i'm trying to remain calm but i'm finding it difficult. :(

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Hello

It's not sign to worry about anything.
How much water are you drinking ?
Are you also having any other symptoms apart from discomfort?

Hey, well, I don't drink a lot in general. I know I should drink a lot, but in recent days i've forgotten because of university assignments and what not. Today, i've drank okish, still not a lot. It's not like i'm drinking buckets of water.. just the occasional sip. I've had half a bottle of water today, a glass of pepsi (went out for dinner) and like a glass of orange cordial :/

And no, just urinating a lot, and this niggling pain that I have a lot. :(

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Just wondering, has anyone else experienced this with anxiety?

Fishmanpa
24-04-15, 21:03
From the symptoms section... I've also read numerous threads about it here.

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' – the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.

This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.

Some remedies include ant-acids, diarrhea medication, relaxation and deep breathing.

There ya go!

Positive thoughts

little.miss.worry
24-04-15, 21:30
From the symptoms section... I've also read numerous threads about it here.

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' – the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.

This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.

Some remedies include ant-acids, diarrhea medication, relaxation and deep breathing.

There ya go!

Positive thoughts

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that :D

Beckie4567
04-06-15, 23:15
hey.hum im.experiencing this at mo along with stomach.issues.needing to.go every hour but no.infrctipn im.beginning to worry also how u doing x

ricardo
05-06-15, 08:53
Once again Fishmanpa is right on the button.

As a man I have suffered with excatly the same symptoms for 10 years yet when I recently had my Heart Attack the symptoms disappeared whilst I was in hospial and for a good few months afterwards.

Now i have a few procedures regarding other parts of my body coming up and the symptoms return with a vengence.

It's the waiting that increases my anxiety and brings on this and other symptoms all at the same time.