PDA

View Full Version : Some advice and help please?

colinmckee2
25-04-15, 12:33
I'm only 20 years old and with all the media publicity around fabrice Muamba and cardiac arrest really freaks me out. My bad drug trip 2 months ago has left me with severe anxiety which comes and goes but today it was back. I was exercising in the gym and I keep getting really light headed as if I'm gonna pass out and the world is spinning. I've had an ECG bloods and x ray of heart to check for swelling- all fine I was low in white blood cells but don't know what that means? Is this light headedness something to worry about, it happens
When not excercising too. Scares the hell out of me. I have no heart conditions it's just it freaks me out :( feeling down.

AnxietyDJ
25-04-15, 13:39
Hey, sorry to hear you're having a hard time of it right now.

Light headedness can be caused by any number of things - exercise can definitely bring it on due to the increased breathing and heart rate, but it isn't anything to be scared of... Its just a sign that maybe you've overdone it with your workout.... Sit down for a few mins and drink some water and i'm sure it will pass.

Also, consuming a lot of caffeine or eating fatty/sugary foods can affect how you feel - when I was regularly drinking a lot of strong coffee every day, I would feel light headed as well as a multitude of other things, which at the time seemed very frightening. Even something as simple as getting up quickly after you've been sitting or laying down for a long time can make you feel a little light headed...

It sounds like you did the right thing by getting checked over by your doctor and from what you've said there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Take care and feel better soon :)