PDA

View Full Version : Help! So frightened. I have a gum infection and I reacted to the tablets, what to do?

little.miss.worry
25-04-15, 19:47
Hello, well I went to the dentist yesterday and got prescribed Amoxicilin one, 3 times a day.. took one at dinner, then tea, then at midnight. And basically, at midnight I strangely reacted to it. I had extreme dizzyness for hours and my lips swelled up! :'( I'm okay now thankfully!

I have an appointment with the doctor Monday morning but i'm so frightened my gum will get worse because it's so sore. I obviously can't take them tablets again because I'll react badly. I know I can do nothing but wait but because i'm that worried, it's making me feel extremely sick. I just want to get better.

Will the doctor be able to give me alternative medication? I'm that worried, I keep thinking i'll become extremely ill..

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Davit
25-04-15, 20:05
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum anti biotic for when a specific bacteria is not known.

There are lots of broad spectrum antibiotics so one from another family can be tried.

Amoxicillin makes me sick, but Keflex doesn't, different family.

little.miss.worry
25-04-15, 20:12
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum anti biotic for when a specific bacteria is not known.

There are lots of broad spectrum antibiotics so one from another family can be tried.

Amoxicillin makes me sick, but Keflex doesn't, different family.

Thank you for replying! Made me feel better knowing I can have some other type of anti biotic. Just got to wait until Monday now I guess :(

feelthelove
25-04-15, 21:10
I had Amoxcilling for bronchitis i felt sick and very strange but i was i very ill and had to just take them , but if you sound like it isn't agreeing with you at all and need a different antibiotic .

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Thank you for replying! Made me feel better knowing I can have some other type of anti biotic. Just got to wait until Monday now I guess :(

You can treat an infection with bicarbonate of soda add half of a teaspoon to some luke warm water and rinse your mouth out .

little.miss.worry
25-04-15, 22:09
I had Amoxcilling for bronchitis i felt sick and very strange but i was i very ill and had to just take them , but if you sound like it isn't agreeing with you at all and need a different antibiotic .

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

You can treat an infection with bicarbonate of soda add half of a teaspoon to some luke warm water and rinse your mouth out .

I don't think it is. I thought about trying them again, today, but I thought, I'm not gonna put myself through that again if it didn't react too great the first time. Just going to make myself bad again. And oh really! I'm going to have to try that, thank you very much for the advice! Greatly appreciated! :yesyes:

Davit
25-04-15, 22:11
If your lips swell don't take them, if it is allergy next time it could be worse.

little.miss.worry
25-04-15, 22:31
If your lips swell don't take them, if it is allergy next time it could be worse.

Yeah, it's probably a wise idea not to take them.. they didn't swell up massively, thankfully, but it was noticeable, my mum kept an eye on me most of the night and morning. But by time I woke up, they went back to normal size :)